Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canders_k9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 08:17 PM
    My intertherm furnace won't light
    I've changed nozzle.I've cleaned the eye.checked the electrode adjustment and checked the spark on the transformer.. can't find anything wrong but it still won't light
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 08:42 PM
    I've changed nozzle.I've cleaned the eye.checked the electrode adjustment and checked the spark on the transformer.. can't find anything wrong but it still won't light

Did you check to be sure you have oil? And yes this has happened before.
    canders_k9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    I've changed nozzle.I've cleaned the eye.checked the electrode adjustment and checked the spark on the transformer..can't find anything wrong but it still won't light

Did you check to be sure you have oil? And yes this has happened before.
    Yes I just had oil filled.. and I've bled the line also.. there's no air in the line
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by canders_k9 View Post
    Yes I just had oil filled ..and I've bled the line also ..there's no air in the line
    If you have fuel,ignition,fuel spraying out the nozzle, and spark at the ignition end of the electrode it has to light so something is still missing.

Before I go any further since you have been trying to light this furnace and it has not done so you probably have a boat load of oil sitting in the combustion chamber. This can be a dangerous situation unless you know how to control the burn or clean up the situation before trying to light it off again. This is just a friendly reminder but important reminder.

At this time you will need to do the following.

Take a oil pump pressure reading.

Take a high voltage reading at the transformer.

When you have those numbers please post back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light on intertherm furnace model g [ 0 Answers ]

Originally posted October 11th 2009 - I have acquired a small mobile home with the same style and model Intertherm furnace. The instructions given were vague... I was wondering if there were more specific instructions for manually lighting this furnace where no provisions exist. I don't see any...

Intertherm furnace codes? This furnace flashes the yellow light 6 times [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace will run for 30 seconds. It shuts down and the yellow light will flash 6 times and the does the same thing over and over. Red light stays steady. Thanks for the help.

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

Pilot light on Intertherm Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older model Intertherm Furnace.. Its 30 years old.. How do I light the Pilot light?

Intertherm furnace solid red light [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that our Intertherm furnace has a solid red light that comes on occasionaly when the heat is running. Does it just mean the fan is coming on? SHould I be concerned? THank you

View more questions Search