Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JLowder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 06:06 PM
    How do I stop my apps on my Android from constantly running?
    The apps on my Android are constantly running and draining my battery. I downloaded the NQ Android Booster help with battery life but when I try to stop the apps from running on it, it only really suspends them until I am out of the booster section, then the apps turn right back on. Is anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it?
    smartjazz Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 PM
    In general, applications won't need an "Exit" Button inside Andorid OS. There is a lifecylce for every application where you have certain automatic exit and return or reentry points. This is, onPause, onStop, onDestroy and so on.

If an application is done well, there is no need for an explicit exit button. If it is prgrammed in a way which differs from best practice, chances high that some routines will stay in memory and the OS will encounter problems removing this app from application stack.

Source: How to stop apps running in background mode????? — Android Forum - AndroidPIT
    ComputerExpert1 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2013, 06:19 AM
    There is an option on the newer Android Smartphones that is called Power Saving Mode .

Keep this mode on all the time.
    Go to setting and Scroll down to power savings mode Swipe to ON position. Check all. Also keep your Brightness on Auto or at the lowest.

The best app around to fix this problem is called Juice Defender in the Google Play Market... Choose Advanced options.
    Also, if you buy the full version you will get better battery Saver options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fake Siri apps hit Android Market! [ 3 Answers ]

While surfing about Android Apps. I found this news that Fake Siri apps hit Android Market, highlighted by Google. What does it mean? Is it really fake?

Running corporate environment to virtualize ALL apps. [ 8 Answers ]

My boss (aka brother) has been tossing an idea around with his boss and finally has let me in on the secret and has asked me for my point of view. He wants to virtualize ALL apps in our environment. Current Situation We currently have our HQ location, and 3 branch locations. We recently (this...

What are some 'essential' Android apps? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm getting the orginial Droid A855 and I'm new to the smart phone scene. Any suggestions for some awesome (preferably free) Android apps?

View more questions Search