Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajagopalraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Post dated cheques
    Hello how are you,
    1. what is the accounting entry for post dated cheques issued & post dated cheques received and please mention how it will appear in trail balance. Thanking you.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
    If you are sending out a cheque, they don't have the cash just yet, so you could wait until they cash the check before recording it. In the mean time, just indicate it with a note if you are doing your year end adjustments.

As for receiving the cheque, go cash it, and record it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make entry for post dated cheque? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello Friends, Last week I faced an interview for accountant post. In that I was asked to pass an entry for post dated cheque. What is the answer for this queston? Thank You

Post dated cheques--recourse against wrong practice by some BANKS in AMERICA [ 5 Answers ]

I shall be out of station for 6 months and am required to make some monthly payments like for future rent,electricity,water,telephone insurance,etc. If I issue post dated cheques , as per the due dates of payments, to be paid against my future monthly salary to be credited to my bank a/c every...

Post dated checks in US Banking [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if post dated checks are used in US Banking?Say for example in take a loan for 50000$ Tenure :12 months.I give my bank 12 future dated checks.How is this condition handled in US banking. Thanks Sandeep

Never dated [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I'm 27 years old and aside from still being a virgin (which sucks), I've never ever been on a date EVER! My parents were a bit protective (typical Indian parents) and until age 21, dating wasn't a big option or priority... on the bright side, I do have my own place (beautiful...

View more questions Search