Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megansmithhhhh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 05:01 AM
    I want to go into care, I'm under mental stress and want to be away from my family.
    I'm 15 and want to get away from my family and friends. I want to go into care and sort my life out. I've been to counselling and family groups and they have done nothing to help. I have lived with my dad for the past 13 years as my mum was a heroin addict. My dad thought I was going through a 'phase' by self harming, taking pills etc. It's what I want to do and my family said they will stick by me. What do I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 13, 2013, 05:03 AM
    Hi... What country are you in, and what does 'go into care' mean where you are? Foster home? Mental hospital?

Mar 13, 2013, 05:06 AM
    It means a kids home, and I would have to go to a special home as I am under mental health
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 13, 2013, 05:20 AM
    It's doesn't work like that.
    current pert

Mar 13, 2013, 05:31 AM
    Here's the deal: Either your family pays a lot of money for this, or the taxpayer pays for it. And the taxpayers aren't going to pay for it unless the mental health workers and social services decide that you need it. With the world still in a recession, you aren't going to be removed from your home at huge expense unless your family is physically abusing you. Cutting yourself and feeling suicidal doesn't qualify on it's own.
    Plus... you would find that going into such a place won't be all warm and comfy. There will be a lot of rules and discipline, because many if not most of the other kids will be fighting and tough and in constant unloved survival mode, out to prove to the world that they don't care because no one cared about them. You are doing the same, only you are doing it to yourself.
    I'm not saying you have a good life at all. Just that it isn't better somewhere else.

Mar 13, 2013, 05:43 AM
    That is what I want.. discipline. My mental health worker has already comirmed I'm unfit tovlive at home.
    current pert

Mar 13, 2013, 06:11 AM
    OK then, wait for them to arrange it. Good luck. It usually takes a lot of paper work, a lot of time. And you may find that you have no choice where they place you, and it might just be foster parents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 07:40 AM
    Why is your home unfit, Your father mean or bad to you ?

And not sure what you expect in foster care, while many are good people, there is no love, and many care less what you do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 09:08 AM
    If your home has been declared unfit by a trained professional I don't understand why you're still there.

What is the reason?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Mental Health [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Brandon Im about 5'8 to 5'9 and I weigh around the 155 pound mark I think I might think I have IED just from the things that I do and notice about myself. Well, everything makes me angry. This could be emotional hangups I don't know because when I was in school I would constantly be...

Family member with a paranoid mental health issue? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a family member that seems to be having some mental health issues.She feels everyone is out to get her in workplace and school.She hears voices making negative comments and sounds.She only seems to complain of hearing voices at home.she says people are bugging her house and when she goes...

Can mental health ru in family [ 6 Answers ]

My Ex keeps breaking up with me 6 times in 4.5 years and last 2-3 months. Her mom has mental problems and takes medication. When she is off medication she is wacko, thinks people are after her etc. My question is what % rate would it be that her daughter my ex would start to get symptoms of mental...

I need serious mental health [ 10 Answers ]

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong Thanks

View more questions Search