Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1a2b3c4d5e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
    Plants make plans...
    Hi all! I recently read a paper that mentioned a species of apple trees that can plan up to two years in advance. If I recall correctly, the planning refers to the tree's growth. The paper seemed like it would be really interesting, but I didn't get a chance to read it. The problem is I can't seem to find the paper now. Do you happen to know anything about this? Or maybe someone will actually be able to find the paper...
    1a2b3c4d5e Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Okay, I found it. It was driving me crazy because I was searching for the wrong thing in the wrong places. I was searching for a paper, but it was in a book "Plants: A Different Perspective" by William Sutherland. The book states "the may apple (Podophyllum peltatum) exhibits some memory and cognitive function when it plans its growth up to two years in advance based on past and current climate conditions."
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Glad you found your answer. It would have been like finding a needle in the haystack for us. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can landlord make renovations to the house I am renting? He plans on selling after. [ 5 Answers ]

My landlord plans of selling the house we are renting when the lease is up in July. He told us that a contractor will be making renovations on the inside of the house, installing doors and clostes while we are still living in it. It is very inconvenient for us to have strangers disrupting our lives...

Looking for old movie about man winning quiz show & host plants woman to make him los [ 1 Answers ]

Old black and white movie about a man who is winning a game show so the host plants a woman to find His weakness, which ends up being his social security number. But she falls in love with him in the end. This was circa 1950-1960

I hear there are plans to make a move about Clark Gable. Who should portray him? [ 9 Answers ]

Clark Gable is probably the finest actor in movie history. If there is a movie about his life, who should portray him?

Should I contact the number and try and make payment plans [ 9 Answers ]

The paper I received looks like a court document but it's from the Debt collector because I called the number on the paper which is a law office. When you call it says that they are by law requierd to mention that they are a Debt collection agency. Now the paper says I have to show up in 20 if the...

View more questions Search