Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2013, 03:56 AM
    Electric motor breakdowns
    Why is it so hard to get a break down of an electric motor?? I've been trying to get one for a 1.5 HP GE and An AO Smith 2HP motor so far I haven't been able to get one. Any Ideas??
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Exploded view and parts list, or wiring diagram?
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Exploded view and parts list, or wiring diagram?
    Exploded view and parts view.
    Thanks
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Mar 13, 2013, 05:42 AM
    Many motors are designed to be thrown away, depending upon application. Try a Google search in images for your particular motor. If these are for a pool/spa, there are many sites out there for 'wethead' parts. By knowing the frame size, rpm, type, voltage (should be on the label) a replacement is probably quite easy to find at Grainger or other less expensive supply houses.
    SpaParts Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2013, 10:23 PM
    The application of some motors are inevitable and can't be replaced by a replica, but you should look out in the Google with its description. In my opinion, it has been discontinued and you should look for a replacement with another suitable motor. I think this will be helpful, CENTURY Pump Motor, 3/4 HP, 3450, 115/230 V, 48Y, ODP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric motor [ 6 Answers ]

How do you go about wiring a 240v motor to reverse the rotation?

I have emotional breakdowns everyday, what's wrong with me? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old female. It never fails that I'll just have a breakdown. Each day it happens.. I just get overwhelmed and begin to cry over nothing. Its driving me crazy and pushing away the people I care about most. What's going on with me?

Electric motor [ 2 Answers ]

How does electric motor works?

Wiring a GE electric motor [ 5 Answers ]

HI, I have a GE motor on my table saw that was wired for 220vac. I want to change it back to 110vac. Problem is that the wiring plate is missing. Motor number is 5KC49TG1458X IT'S A 2HP motor Currently it has the following wires connected motor has 4 threaded studs marked 1-2-3-4- Power...

View more questions Search