Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walter57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
    York electric furnace
    My furnace will not shut off by the thermostat.I installed a new thermostat and still will not shut off or change from emergence heat to heat pump.is there a relay switch at the furnace I can replace.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Yes, there is a fan switch attached to the plenum that needs to be replaced or adjusted. Some units have a small "button" type and others have the type that is adjustable. Look here: How to Adjust and Test Your Furnace Fan Limit Switch
    Alternatively, it could be that you have a stuck fan relay. If it's running on high speed it could be the fan relay. You will have to use an ohm meter to know, but a quick adjustment of the fan/limit switch on plenum will rule that out. I have seen wires melted together in t-stat wires, too, but it's rare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York electric furnace manuals [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a manual for , but more importantly a sequencer for my York electric furnace model N2AHD06A06A. It has the heater model as 2XS06501306A , a 12.5 kw. @ 240V. When I tap the sequencer the blower will come on. Thanks!!

York electric furnace has no pilot light [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace ran fine during summer. Turned it off when I wasn't using it in fall. When I tried to turn it back on it didn't work. The breaker isn't tripped. Changed filter. When I pressed the black button a little green light has a slow flash, which accordg to a paper on the door is supposed to...

York Electric Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

My York Electric furnace will not stay on. It runs for about 5 minutes then Shuts off. We do have heat, just temporarily.

Changing an existing gas & electric furnace to all electric. [ 2 Answers ]

My home is 90% electric, but my furnace is electric and gas, I am curious about how to change to an all electric furnace since my air conditioning and hot water tank are both electric. Will this require me to amp up my electrical panel?

My york electric furnace thermostat keeps saying call service. Anyone know why? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok. My first house and first time dealing with this issue. My furnace seems like it is on all the time and my hydro meeter seems to be going crazy. The thermostat keeps telling me to call service, then it flashes System on +2. I have no idea what to do. There were no books left for us when we...

View more questions Search