Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurt1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Over the range microwave
    Hi, I am currently in the process of upgrading the appliances in my kitchen. I was wondering what the minimum distance between the top of the range and the bottom of the over the range microwave would be. Also as a side note, I am curious as to what major appliances require an extended warranty? Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
    First the warranty issue, extended warranties are a type of insurance policy you pay extra to obtain. Rarely are they a good deal for the homeowner. There should be 14-16 inches between to cook top and the bottom of the microwave. This will be spelled out in the owners installation manual. Most microwaves come with a three plong cord so you will need an outlet above the wave, possibly in a cabinet above the unit.
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Apr 4, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Extended warranties used to be a waste of money. Now that the manufacturer has made every model with at standard 1 year on everything, it can become costly to replace appliances, when the extended warranty would have saved you the money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing an Over the Range microwave [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to install an over the range microwave, but the area I have to work with is only 13" from the bottom of my cupboard to the top of my range. Any ideas?? Nancy:

Over the Range Microwave Oven [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new Over the Range Microwave Oven in my kitchen. I have already installed a dedicated outlet box with a 15 amp outlet (14/2 wire) to plug the oven into (nothing but the microwave will be plugged in to the outlet). The installation Instructions for the oven say the oven should be...

Overhead microwave range [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install an overhead microwave?

Microwave [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a sharp microwave and the door doesn't shut anymore. The black latch that is on it is not broken. It just doesn't want to latch on. I opened the side and I can see where it latches on to I just don't know why it doesn't. Can anyone help me? Thank you!!

View more questions Search