Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CompletelyBroken Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2005, 11:13 AM
    Cardio Training
    Hello,
    I can currently jog 2.5 miles at 7.5 MPH with minimal difficulty. I am an 18 yr. old male athlete (baseball), and I am seeking to obtain maximum cardiovascular training. Can anyone recommend a (proven) regimen for me to follow?
    Many thanks :-)
    Mark R.
    andrew.kretz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
    I was told in High School track and field to do intervals. Since I have been in the Army, we do a lot of running, however you need to change it up so that it doesn't get boring. You can do interval training, long distance on the hard ball or through the country side, sprints, swimming, and also using machines such as elliptical, bikes and stuff like that. You always want to try to reach your maximum training heart rate. Time your workouts and distances and keep track of them so you can see if you are improving.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2006, 07:00 AM
    HI,
    I am not a Doctor, nor a Professional in this area. I do know that jogging is good for the heart; many, many people jog.
    For some really good advice, I would talk with a Doctor about other things to do, or if in fact, you really need doing other things. There are also "heart rate" and "endurance" tests on machines, with the Doctor's supervision that would let you know just how far to go with jogging and other excercises.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Training for 5K [ 2 Answers ]

I've reluctantly agreed to do a 5K one month from today- I'm overweight (5' 5" and 170lbs:( ) and very out of shape so I need to start training. Any suggestions on how to start? Currently the only exercise I get outside of normal daily activities of caring for a home and 2 small children is...

Training to lie down [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to get our 3 1/2 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback to stay down. She will sit on command and she will lie down if we are using a treat reward but she will not stay lying down. With a treat in my palm I will slowly drop my hand to the floor and then away from her and give the command down...

Job training [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Ghanaian and completed my Tertiary education in 2004,had done my national service.I have had a hard time finding job because I am told during interview that I have no job training. I did mechanical eng. Ples help me out Nat

Leash training [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know at what age to begin leash training with a puppy... I actually started my 12 week Chihuahua in the kitchen and rewarding him when he walks with the leash. When I get him outside he's OK for about 5 minutes and then all the sudden he begins to tug and cry so I immediately take the...

Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a five year old lab and golden retriver mix. I have a problem with him listening to me outside. He listens good to commands inside but when I take him out or he breaks loose he will not come back to me. I have never hit or abused him . I don't know what to do about it. He knows what...

View more questions Search