Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hslamba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 06:36 AM
    How do I make some one like me even though I am kind of shy?
    I am really shy and not that good with girls... I want to have a girlfriend but I just become too shy in front of a girl. Please help me. :(
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 08:12 AM
    As you get older, you will see that it is not that big of a deal. It will come to you as you mature. How old are you know? You are probably too young to be worrying about having/needing a girlfriend now anyway.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 08:23 AM
    First, you cannot MAKE a girl like you. Here's what you need to do -- do well in school, be polite and respectful to everyone you deal with, get involved in the school paper or year book or a language club or sports team or some other school activity or organization so that you have to talk to both boys and girls in a problem-solving and unemotional way. (My younger son took home ec classes, partly to learn how to cook and be able to repair his clothes and partly because the classes were full of girls who were happy to show him how to do stuff.) Students with similar interests will want to hang around you. Voilą! Girls will like what they see and will like you for who you are.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
    Stop looking for a girl friend and just be nice and speak to them all. Some will be nice back, some won't. Once you get toknow a female the shyness will fade.The more females you talk to WITHOUT LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND, the less shy you will be.

So don't be stuck on having ONE girlfriend, have many female friends.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Mar 11, 2013, 04:02 PM
    Let me offer you a guy's perspective.

First off, you have to have work on being an interesting person. Read things. Read a wide range of subjects. This gives you something to talk about. It matters what you have in your mind because women dig a guy who has a good mind.

Secondly, if you are a scrawny guy, you don't have to go the gym and lift weights all of the time but it helps if you take care of yourself. Do pushups. Do pull-ups if you can. Do lunges to improve leg mass. These little things give you confidence in your physical prowess.

Thirdly, dress the part. You don't have to spend a lot of money on your wardrobe but be tasteful. Don't look like a bum. Put some effort into your presentation. Shave. Get your haircut. Brush your teeth and floss... brush at least twice a day. Don't look like a scrub, basically. Get some nice cologne and don't overdo it... a spritz of something nice is all you need: I recommend Dolce & Gabanna (light blue) for men.

Some advice from life experience. Not all women will like you... it's just the way it is. Some will; some won't. Learn all you can about women. Try to understand them by reading about them. If you desire a girl, you have to understand them. Practice your conversation skills by engaging people with things you read about. You don't have to be a salesman but it helps if you can hold a conversation. Practice makes perfect.

Also, don't be clingy with women. It's OK to show interest but if they don't reciprocate, move on. It's all about your own personal value. You are person worth somebody's time but not all women are worth your time. Some people will play games... you want to avoid those types. Be a man. Be a person of conviction and don't take crap from girls that are game-players. It may hurt sometimes but you'll be OK. Love hurts, though, and you need to not be confused about that fact. Having a woman doesn't come without some pain and heartache and I know the ladies will say the same thing about men... and it's true. Relationships take work.

Lastly, with all things my brother, there is a time and a season for everything. If you have followed my advice and haven't seen lasting results, sometimes it is a matter of timing before you find the right person. Hang in there and keep working on yourself.

That's my advice to you, youngblood. Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Kind of Cement is Most Often Used to Make Floors, Sidewalks, Stairs, Etc. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, All! There wasn't enough room for my whole title, so I had to shorten it a bit. Okay. I'd like to start making some things that I'll manufacture out of cement. These things might include floors, sidewalks, stairs, paving bricks as well as maybe seats, and lawn ornaments. I'm looking...

What kind of cookies should I make? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm going to make cookies on Sunday with my mother-in-law and she asked if I would make two different kinds of cookie dough. So I know that I'm already going to make sugar cookies. I made them last year and that was a lot of fun. Well I don't know what other kind to make. Maybe Gingerbread? I...

Very Shy how do I make friends? [ 5 Answers ]

Your Question Very Shy how do I make friends? I haven't made any friends for about 20 years. I just recently asked someone to join me for dinner, and we had a great time. 1 week later I felt I wanted to get together again, and they yes, they will call with their open dates. I would like this...

To shy to make a move [ 1 Answers ]

There is this one guy I have the biggest crush on and he lieks me too I heard from his friends and family but like I knew him since jk and growing up ! He is in a grade ahead of me! But its one of those things where you like never talk to each other or see each other everyday! I don't have Facebook...

View more questions Search