Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nonregal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 09:38 PM
    How to get my parents to send me to foster care?
    I don't want my family I want to another family. I hate my mom, she don't care nothing about me. All she care about is the check she get for me and her husband. Please I don't want to be here. Take me away from here. I'm on house lock down, and I ran away before and if I do it again I might get locked up. I just want to go to another family. Help me, please, please?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 09:39 PM
    How old are you?

Mar 9, 2013, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
    how old are you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 09:45 PM
    You think you have it bad now? Wait until you go into foster care. Those people won't love you, they only use you for a check. Yes, they get paid to keep children.

You will most likely have to share a room with 3 or more other kids. Most of those kids will have issues like abandonment, theft, abuse, etc. Those kids will be ruthlessly mean.

You can only get put into foster care if your parents are abusive or neglectful. That means that many times they will have to go to jail to have you taken from the home.

Do your parents beat you? Do they feed you?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 09:57 PM
    Do you get to pick out clothes to wear? What kind of shoes do you wear? Backpack? Just wait until you get to foster care! Your foster parents will send you to school in clothes they pick for you. They will buy you a backpack and supplies for school that may be meant for a kindergartener. They may be very old and have 9 other foster kids. You will probably want to run away. Do you like school lunches? You'll be eating that too because foster kids eat free, so they won't make you a lunch. How do I know all of this? I'm a teacher and foster kids are in my class every year. They never stay too long because they usually have an attitude and get kicked out of their foster home. Then, they move to another and so on. And, one last thing, you probably won't do well in school because your foster parents may not have time to help you, and you'll be moving from house to house and school to school.

Mar 10, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You think you have it bad now? Wait until you go into foster care. Those people won't love you, they only use you for a check. Yes, they get paid to keep children.

You will most likely have to share a room with 3 or more other kids. Most of those kids will have issues like abandonment, theft, abuse, etc. Those kids will be ruthlessly mean.

You can only get put into foster care if your parents are abusive or neglectful. That means that many times they will have to go to jail to have you taken from the home.

Do your parents beat you? Do they feed you?
    She grabs my arm hard n yes she do feed me
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nonregal View Post
    She grabs my arm hard n yes she do feed me
    Why does she grab your arm hard? What are you doing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Grabbing your arm doesn't sound like abuse.

Your best bet is to talk to someone at school or at church and see if you get someone to intercede.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 16, what should I do for foster care [ 16 Answers ]

I am 16 years old &' I don't want too live w/ my mother anymore she doesn't take me serious like she should . She always get an attitude w/ me for noo reason &' I live in an unfit home right now though she's trying and I love her I can't deal w/ my sister hiting me like I'm some trick in the...

Can I get put into foster care without my parents consent? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old and my mum and step dad have done nothing but treat me like dirt on there shoe,like my mum would go to work sometsomenights or days and during the time she's gone my step-dad would be very cheeky towards me,like if I asked were my mum was he would give me smart asnwers or yell and...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search