Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melsldy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Market price, average and marginal revenue
    How are market price, average revenue, and marginal revenue related?
    My-Brain-Is-Full Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I think market price i.e the price for the good on the market is the same as the average revenue that the firm receives for that good, i.e. if the total revenue for 8 units sold was £160 then the average revenue for that good is 160/ 8 = £20. This is the average revenue for each unit and hence the market price for each unit, since items are usually sold for the same price (before the company which produces the good sends it out to the retail outlets who, having bought it in bulk, mark up the price).
    Marginal revenue is used to show how much more revenue would be made when considering the eventual rising cost of each additional unit produced. Essentially marginal revenue (MR) will fall as Marginal cost (MC- the extra cost of producing each extra unit/good) rises. This is how the company knows when to stop producing goods to sell, i.e when their marginal revenue is equal to their marginal cost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revenue Recognition [ 1 Answers ]

The term, "earned," in revenue recognition refers to which of the following? A) The entity has completed, or substantially completed, the activities it must perform to be entitled to the revenue benefits. B) The product or service has been exchanged for cash, claims...

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

Interest Revenue [ 2 Answers ]

Globo company accepted a $8000. Interest-bearing note receivable from a client on July 1. The note requires payment of 12% annual interest, and both the principal amount of the note and the interest will be due six months later, on Dec.31. If financial statements are prepared at the end of July,...

View more questions Search