Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kallumama Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
    2 H1B filings by 2 separate companies
    I am currently living in India and have 2 job offers from 2 separate
    Companies in USA. Is it legal to ask both of them to file for my H1B visa? Is it possible that USCIS may reject both petitions?

I have heard that this year visas would be filled up in the first week of April itself so having both companies file for me would increase my chances of getting at least one H1B approved.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 11:56 AM
    Only one at a time. You can't ask both to file for you. They do cost money to apply for.

Suggest you apply for your own Visitors Visa so you can be interviewed by both and only one has to apply if you are hired.

Mar 9, 2013, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Only one at a time. you can't ask both to file for you. They do cost money to apply for.

Suggest you apply for your own Visitors Visa so you can be interviewed by both and only one has to apply if you are hired.
    Thanks @tickle.

I have been interviewed by both and have written offers from them. Keeping aside the money aspect, will USCIS dismiss the petitions if it sees 2 different employers trying to sponsor the same candidate?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 12:41 PM
    But have you actually been attending interviews on a visitor visa for both of them? Were the interviews done by Skype. No, it just could not happen that both would apply. This is too wishywashy. A decision must be reached by you or one of them in order for a petition to happen.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Don't file for 2 jobs ever! There will be a red flag and both cases would be rejected. The companies will be under investigation as there are so many fraud on H1-B and L visas, especially from India.

Choose one, if you don't like working with them, find a new job and transfer visa.

Feb 25, 2014, 07:40 PM
    Just wanted to update the readers.

Both h1b petitions were approved though the 2nd company got a letter from USCIS informing that I had an approved petition with 1st company. They didn't care and the 2nd one got approved as well.

I feel bad for taking up more than 1 slot in the quota.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure loss when shower used in separate apartments with separate tanks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a 3 unit building that is a converted house. There are 3 electric hot water tanks in the basement, 1 for each unit. The tenants are complaining that when they shower and another tenant is showering, they lose the hot water. This doesn't make much sense to me as they have...

H1b with wife on F1, should file separate/joint, itemised or non itemised [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have H1b visa and this is my 2nd year on that. My wife is on f1. I got married last year in jan,2010. What kind of income tax form I should use? Should I file separately or jointly with my wife being dependent. I did pay her tuition fees. Should I get deduction for that? Should I...

Married Filing Jointly separate States H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, Me and my husband are married but live and work (both H1B) in different states WI and IL. We are planning to file federal 1040 as Married Filing Jointly. I was wondering if anyone knows how to file WI and IL taxes with respect to filing status. What forms do we have to file so that...

View more questions Search