Ask
    denisesnw17 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 03:00 AM
    Unfit parent
    Son got a baby by a girl.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 9, 2013, 03:17 AM
    Hi. We need more! Ages, what makes him unfit, etc.

Mar 9, 2013, 04:15 AM
    It is not him, he works 2 jobs trying to support the baby. It is her mother.

Mar 9, 2013, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by denisesnw17 View Post
    It is not him, he works 2 jobs trying to support the baby. It is her mother.
    It is not him \. It is her mother. He works 2 jobs trying to support them while she just runs the street.
    current pert

Mar 9, 2013, 04:55 AM
    How old are they?
    Who takes care of the baby?
    Are they married?
    Is he on the birth certificate?
    What state?

Mar 9, 2013, 05:16 AM
    My son is 35, the baby mother is 20. I take care of the baby, No, they are not married. Yes, his name is on the birth certificate. Washington, DC
    current pert

Mar 9, 2013, 05:27 AM
    Your son can go to Family Court and file for custody, probably not full, but maybe primary. The Court will decide. It is very difficult to rule against a mother unless you have solid evidence like police reports.

Mar 9, 2013, 05:29 AM
    The baby has her own Social Worker due to drug found in her system. When she was born. The only thing is I don't have any way of contacting her. And the Social Worker been to the house twice. The first time I sent her home to her mother. The second time I sent her home and the mother sent her right back. So, the Social Worker did not see her.
    current pert

Mar 9, 2013, 05:32 AM
    What is the official child care arrangement? Did the Social Worker make the child go back to her mother? Do you want to be the caretaker?

Mar 9, 2013, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Your son can go to Family Court and file for custody, probably not full, but maybe primary. The Court will decide. It is very difficult to rule against a mother unless you have solid evidence like police reports.
    I have discuss that with him. The only thing he is doing is running around after her and deining everything she says nasty to the family. She sold the baby car seat and will not even pick up the baby WIC

Mar 9, 2013, 05:34 AM
    The Social Worker don't even know wants going on? I have been the child care giver since she was born.
    current pert

Mar 9, 2013, 05:36 AM
    It sounds close to endangering and negligence, especially if she is selling needed items for drugs. I would talk to the social worker about filing for temporary custody, or just go down to Family Court yourself and ask, if you don't have much contact with the worker.

Mar 9, 2013, 05:56 AM
    I will try and contact Social Services on Monday. And see can I get her Social Worker name
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2013, 07:18 AM
    First, you have no legal right to the child.

Second, it is unclear what it is you want. We have had to extract what little info you have given us by multiple questions. What we know is that your 35 yr old got a 20 yr old drug addict pregnant. That somehow you have custody of the child, though it may not be legal. Because the mother does not seem to be caring for the child, you believe her unfit (which does seem to be case).

So the best advice I can give is to start with Social Services. Work with the child's caseworker to give you and your son primary custody of the child.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfit parent
    Yes, that's the customary way of doing it.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 10:13 AM
    Originally Posted by Unfit parent
    Yes, that's the customary way of doing it.
    YES- I cannot agree more!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit parent? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are losing our home do to the economy and we have to move in with a family member until we can get back on our feet. Will I be considered unfit to get my son taken from me?

Step Parent Unfit To Parent? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to prove a step parent unfit. My exhusband recently married a woman who my child is all but terrified of. I have asked my child several times what is wrong and they tell me this woman is mean, keeps the child from their father, slaps them, spanks them (which the woman...

Unfit parent [ 3 Answers ]

What is an unfit parent?

Unfit parent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My wife has a nine year old daughter and I have been her father since she was about three. She believes I am her real father so far. The actual biological father has never met her, paid child support, or even know her name. He knew he was the father before she was born and chose to...

Unfit Parent [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE PLEASE... how do you prove an unfit parent? We have a hearing coming up this Friday and he is trying to say I am unfit because the children missed a lot of school. They do have documentation as to why they missed. They were seeing a child psychologist but his attorney had the judge stop the...

View more questions Search