Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2013, 09:54 AM
    GE 1.5 HP Motor Pool Pump
    Hi,
    I have a GE 1.5 HP electric motor pool pump. Mod 5KC38SN2535DX Code J Frame Z.
    The "Expert" that was repairing it broke a piece and doesn't know what it is called. Some expert. Does anyone know where I can get a breakdown of this motor?? Hell I could have broken parts myself.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 11:33 AM
    What part did he break.
    Not a break down but here is a pic of the motor and a pump. Is broken part a part of the motor or a part of the pump. If part of the pump you will have to determine which pump you have.
    GE Swimming Pool Motor Cat RSR15 1 5 HP 115 230V RPM 3450 60 Hz | eBay
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2013, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    What part did he break.
    Not a break down but here is a pic of the motor and a pump. Is broken part a part of the motor or a part of the pump. If part of the pump you will have to determine which pump you have.
    GE Swimming Pool Motor Cat RSR15 1 5 HP 115 230V RPM 3450 60 Hz | eBay
    Harold I'm not sure what part he broke I was to mad to go get it when he called. He told me how many pumps he had worked on and no problem. As I was leaving I saw him stick a screwdriver into the vent holed and hit it from the end. I told him all he had to do was loosen the 3 screws and the insides would come out. So I left. He then called me and told me a part was broken in the pump and it had to be replaced because it would not run. I told him I had run it for half an hour until the bearings started to get noisey, so I knew it was running when I dropped it off, he then said maybe he broke it. So until I get it back I don't know what part is broken. I put your motor on my watch list because it is the same. Thanks for the help. I knew I was in trouble when he told me he didn't know what the piece he broke was called.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2013, 06:11 AM
    Sounds like he broke the pump impeller which would be obtained, possibly, from a pool supply. However, you will need to find out exactly what is broken. Most impellers are plastic.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 08:47 AM
    I knew I was in trouble when he told me he didn't know what the piece he broke was called.
    I think I agree.

I don't know what you mean by sticking a screwdriver down a vent hole. It appears from the picture that you service or repair the pump by loosening the big plastic knob, removing the band clamp and then removing the pump housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pool pump motor is leaking water how can I fix it [ 2 Answers ]

Pool pump motor is leaking water

Shorted out pool pump motor - c48k2n143b1 [ 4 Answers ]

When I found my pool pump not working and no power, I checked the breaker. It had been tripped so I turned it on. There was a loud pop and then a little smoke came out of the end of the motor. Now - nothing. Aside from 5 days of rain, I can't explain what might have caused the problem. Is the...

Wiring pool pump motor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new pool pump motor. When I disconnected the old motor, I found it was wired with two blue wires and a green ground. The new motor has only L1 and L2 connections. How do I tell the difference? The pump was wired as a 220

Wiring pool pump motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new pool pump motor. When I disconnected the old motor, I found it was wired with two blue wires and a green ground. The new motor has only L1 nad L2 connections. How do I tell the difference?

Pool pump motor [ 0 Answers ]

Our pool pump motor plug has been replaced twice because when you try to plug it in it sometimes sparks and other times gets so hot it fusses to the outlet. Is this cord not grounded inside motor? Or any other suggestions? The pool is inground the pump brand is Lomart 1 hp & the motor is a baldor...

View more questions Search