Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmendoza79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 11:39 PM
    Pre-employment question?
    I went for a job interview yesterday and was called and told to go in for a medical physical and drug screening. Does that mean I got the job if I pass the physical and drug screening?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 11:41 PM
    Only that company and their policies know that.

But normally yes, although some larger companies and government employment may do physicals on more people than they will hire and still narrow down after that.

So while is is most likely yes, that should have been a question to ask when they called you for the physcial.

Mar 7, 2013, 11:44 PM
    **I'm going through a staffing agency and their placing me in a big medical office. I totally forgot to ask.

UOTE=Fr_Chuck;3414046]Only that company and their policies know that.

But normally yes, although some larger companies and government employment may do physicals on more people than they will hire and still narrow down after that.

So while is is most likely yes, that should have been a question to ask when they called you for the physcial.[/QUOTE]
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 11:55 PM
    The other question is since it is though a staffing agency, will you be working for the staffing company, or the actual company you work at. If just working for the agency you are considered a temporary employee and often staffing agencies will get physcials on many more people than they need right then, and have you to call in latter if needed.

Mar 8, 2013, 12:15 AM
    Well when I went to the interview with the company I'm going to work that's the same facility that's doing my drug test. They actually told me that I will do the physicals next week and I would start with them on the 18th if everything was cleared. The staffing agency told me I only needed to work with the company for 1 month and then I will go through their payroll.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre employment bonus [ 3 Answers ]

I received a preemployment bonus of 20K (into a US bank account) in March 2006 and relocated to the US on a H1B visa to start work only in October 2006. Prior Oct 2006, I was a non-US resident for a full 365 days (lived in US before that). Do I have to pay taxes on the 20K bonus I received while...

View more questions Search