Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    custx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 06:26 PM
    Constant blower fault & coil fault messages in Nordyne modulating furnace
    We have continuous blower fault errors messages on IQDrive thermostadt and if we go to furnace, turn off... wait a few min... then turn back on... message
    Clears, furnace blower will start again and will be OK for about 2 weeks and then same error. Intermixed with this periodically are coil fault messages..
    ID COIL TEMP SENSOR and FURN TEMP LIMIT OPEN

This happens over and over... the furnace is less than a yr old...
    Approaching a yr...

We are scared to travel for fear it will be one of the days/nights that the
    Furnace quits working and the house will get cold...

The furnace seems to restart with turning off/on... but obviously there is
    Some underlying problem...

Anyone have any thoughts... HVAC people good, they come out,
    Check, try stuff... starts working... but the problems will not go
    Away.

Nordyne rep even came out... looked at IQDrive history log, filled with
    All kinds things... tried something... but problems continue...

Is this a lemon or is this fixable..?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 07:11 PM
    When these show up (ID COIL TEMP SENSOR and FURN TEMP LIMIT OPEN) it usually means one of those controls are defective or have gone out of spec. When the sensor or limit opens it causes the blower to come on to cool the furnace down as if it is overheating. A marginal control could open every two weeks or so which would cause your furnace problem.
    If you have the proper tools you could test these controls or since it is marginal just replace one at a time to see which one is defective. Some people will bypass these controls to test them BUT YOU NEVER BYPASS or JUMPER a SAFETY CONTROL out of the circuit!! These are designed for your protection.
    BTW that is a OK furnace you have there and it is used by 7 or 8 brands of equipment.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 10:13 AM
    You will need to take a close look at the igniter assembly. I suspect that the flame sensor rod could be dirty, or you have a loose connection somewhere. First, turn off the power to the unit and go from the breaker box to every connection at the furnace and tighten all of the screws. Get an electrician's screwdriver: round shaft with insulation on shaft. Go through all of the connections, especially those that are made with wire nuts. Make sure all of them are good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace: limit switch fault furnace has ignition but blower will not come on? [ 2 Answers ]

Board says it is a limit switch fault Furace goes into pre ignition, fan comes on and sometimes even the main burner ignites, but the blower will not come on... is this the blower motor or could this be a switch somewhere?

My york furnace is reading a fault #9(Grounding or reverse polarity fault)? [ 0 Answers ]

My furnace is reading a #9 fault, which the legend says it's a grounding or reverse polarity fault. I have power in, 120V at the transformer as well as 24V, there is a call for heat and 24V at the R & W terminals. Is there any input anyone can offer me? Thank you.

Carrier furnace heat works, ac comp. Goes on blower does not come on. No fault codes [ 0 Answers ]

I have a carrier furance the heat works, the ac comp. goes on when I turn the air on but the blower does not come on. There are no fault codes.I can take out the thermostat jump the wires and switch off sw-4 on the control board to turn on what they call emergency heat. Then the blower comes on. I...

I had accident last month.It was other guy's fault.no police report.he says my fault [ 13 Answers ]

I had accident last month.It was other guy's fault. He admitted it. So I didn't call the police & no police report. After filing the claim with his insurance company, he has said that it was my fault. So his insurance company denied my claim. They say that they denied the claim because there is no...

Nordyne model KG6RC 100C-20B furnace, fault code 2 blinks, how do I repair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nordyne model KG6RC 100C-20B furnace. Woke up this morning and the blower is not coming on. The red light on the circuit board is blinking twice in a row every few seconds. I found the code which reads-2 blinks. Pressure switch is open with inducer fan on. What is the best way to repair?

View more questions Search