Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chayman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Wedding attire
    Is navy blue OK for Mother of the Groom for an afternoon wedding?. (bridesmaids are wearing clover green and MOB is wearing silver satin). My son, the groom, is in the army and is wearing a navy blue uniform.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Mar 19, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Hi chayman,

First off, congratulations to your son on his upcoming marriage! I pray that they have a wonderful, successful life together.

I personally do not see anything wrong with wearing navy blue. My opinion is that the main thing is whether you're comfortable in the dress. You'll be in it for a while and you don't want to wish you were wearing something else and focusing on that rather than the joy of this very special day.

Unless the bride is very picky about what colors are being worn by the main family members in attendance, I don't see a potential problem at all. Have you perhaps spoken to your future daughter-in-law to ask if she has a preference regarding colors? That might be the best way to confirm or change your decision. Aside from color choice, just be sure that you feel good in what you wear.

I hope this helps you. I hope you enjoy your son's big day!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 06:22 PM
    I cannot see any problem with navy blue either. You are wearing it, let it be your choice.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Mothers of the bride and groom are allowed to wear whatever colors they choose as long as it is not white (upstaging the bride). :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

Mother in law wedding attire [ 8 Answers ]

My son is getting married and his fiancé just informed me that she wants her mother and myself to wear either an off chapagne or red mother in law suit. First of all, I have red hair and fair skin so neither of these colors will look good on me. In fact, they make me look awful. Secondly, I was...

SemiFormal Attire... is my dress appropriate? [ 2 Answers ]

So I have to go to my boyfriends christmas party (yea I know that it is early to think about it but id like to get it over with). I figured that I would just wear my mothers tahari dress (thrift shop, $38). It is a long black dress to the ground, sleeveless with a low v neck and 5 or 6 jewels down...

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

View more questions Search