Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2013, 09:39 AM
    The year in hate?
    The Southern Poverty Law Center has released it's "year in hate" review of alleged dangerous right-wing extremists again. Among their list of terrorists, the "Granny Warriors."

For example a North Carolina-based group calling itself "Granny Warriors" appears on the SPLC list of active "patriots."

But founder Linda Hunnicutt says her organization is harmless.

"I am deadly!" she joked. "I'm 74 years old. I have COPD. I have congestive heart failure. I'm sewing a quilt."

Hunnicutt acknowledges she's no friend of the federal government, but, she wishes no harm on anyone.

"All these people that want to bomb places and kill children, come on," she said. "Who would be in sympathy with them?"

Hunnicutt said she and her group just want Uncle Sam to leave them alone. When Granny Warriors showed up on the SPLC list, Hunnicutt said she wasn't surprised. But it made her wonder, "Is this all they have to do?"

Nonetheless, Hunnicutt's thankful to be on the list because she said it increases her group's notoriety.
    Yeah, we better look out for those 74-year-old's with COPD sewing quilts.

After feverishly and erroneously linking Sarah Palin's "crosshairs" map and (virtually anything else a conservative has done or said) to the Giffords shooting, the left and their media somehow are awfully disinterested in the Family Research Council shooter picking his target from the SPLC list.

Oddly enough, the SPLC failed to list the hate crime of shooting up the FRC office, wounding a guard that likely prevented a much worse tragedy, in their list of hate crimes.

The SPLC: "Fighting Hate • Teaching Tolerance • Seeking Justice"

Really? By listing the targets of your own hatred?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
    They do this garbage every time they are having a fund raiser.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 11:32 AM
    Hello:

I don't know. From coast to coast, the gun stores are empty, but don't look at that.. There's nothing to see. Move along.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 12:09 PM
    Well duh, is there still something you don't get about Americans - not just those on the SPLC's pathetic hate list - disliking the idea of their rights being threatened?

There actually was a point to this thread by the way, if you can discern it.

After feverishly and erroneously linking Sarah Palin's "crosshairs" map and (virtually anything else a conservative has done or said) to the Giffords shooting, the left and their media somehow are awfully disinterested in the Family Research Council shooter picking his target from the SPLC list.

Oddly enough, the SPLC failed to list the hate crime of shooting up the FRC office
    , wounding a guard that likely prevented a much worse tragedy, in their list of hate crimes.

The SPLC: "Fighting Hate • Teaching Tolerance • Seeking Justice"

Really? By listing the targets of your own hatred?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I dunno. From coast to coast, the gun stores are empty, but don't look at that.. There's nothing to see. Move along.

excon
    That is only because of speculation. There is a huge greed running rampant in the gun/ammo industry right now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    That is only because of speculation. There is a huge greed running rampant in the gun/ammo industry right now.
    Bad enough they cannot be sued, but can hide behind he NRA as it enriches itself on the fears of the rest of us.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Bad enough they cannot be sued, but can hide behind he NRA as it enriches itself on the fears of the rest of us.
    Sued for what? There are people buying on the thought that it is going to be of greater value then what they paid for it. The rise in ammo alone has more then doubled making it harder for those that shoot to maintain the best possible shot if the situation should arise.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:32 PM
    Hello dad:

Sued for what?
    A BB gun manufacturer can be held liable for his product. A REAL gun manufacturer can't. Don't make sense to me... But, of course, I'm a liberal.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2013, 06:53 AM
    And naturally as a liberal you think someone else should be sued for others misuse of a product that worked as intended. What is it about personal responsibility you libs don't get?
    Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 07:02 AM
    They could make a product that a talented kid could not modify.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2013, 07:02 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

What is it about personal responsibility you libs don't get?
    The cigarette manufactures argued the same thing. But, as a nation, we found out their "freedom" to sell POISON bumped up against our right NOT to be poisoned.

BECAUSE we, as a nation, took ACTION, 100 MILLION people don't smoke today, and might be DEAD if we didn't... Now, you can argue about personal responsibility, but in the face of reality, it falls flat.

I don't know how you stand on OUR war against tobacco, but from your arguments here, I'll bet you think lots more of us should be smoking.. Don't make sense to me... But, of course, I'm a liberal.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

The cigarette manufactures argued the same thing. But, as a nation, we found out their "freedom" to sell POISON bumped up against our right NOT to be poisoned.

BECAUSE we, as a nation, took ACTION, 100 MILLION people don't smoke today, and might be DEAD if we didn't... Now, you can argue about personal responsibility, but in the face of reality, it falls flat.

I dunno how you stand on OUR war against tobacco, but from your arguments here, I'll bet you think lots more of us should be smoking.. Don't make sense to me... But, of course, I'm a liberal.

excon
    I don't know of any instances of a gun or a cigarette spontaneously harming anyone, do you?

Back to the point, why shouldn't the SPLC be held liable for their irresponsibility? Was the FRC shooting, target picked from their list of "hate" groups, somehow not a hate crime? Those haters at FRC had it coming, huh?
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know of any instances of a gun or a cigarette spontaneously harming anyone, do you?

Back to the point
    So, you DO think millions more of us should be smoking!! That IS the point... You simply don't believe the federal government has a role in protecting us from whatever the free market decides to bestow upon us.

I fundamentally disagree with that position.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

So, you DO think millions more of us should be smoking!!! That IS the point... You simply don't believe the federal government has a role in protecting us from whatever the free market decides to bestow upon us.

I fundamentally disagree with that position.

excon
    In other words you refuse to answer my questions in favor of assigning positions to me I haven't taken. I understand, either you have no answer or you really think the SPLC should not be held accountable and those haters at FRC deserved it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2013, 06:56 AM
    The FRC shooter admitted on video that he targeted them because the Southern Poverty Law Center listed them as a hate group.

Family Research Council (FRC) officials released video of federal investigators questioning convicted domestic terrorist Floyd Lee Corkins II, who explained that he attacked the group’s headquarters because the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) identified them as a “hate group” due to their traditional marriage views.

“Southern Poverty Law lists anti-gay groups,” Corkins tells interrogators in the video, which FRC obtained from the FBI. “I found them online, did a little research, went to the website, stuff like that.”

The Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard reported that Corkins, who pleaded guilty to terrorism charges, said in court that he hoped to “kill as many as possible and smear the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches in victims’ faces, and kill the guard.” As Bedard explained, “the shooting occurred after an executive with Chick-Fil-A announced his support for traditional marriage, angering same-sex marriage proponents.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center still lists FRC as an “anti-gay” hate group on the “hate map” Corkins used. “The SPLC’s reckless labeling has led to devastating consequences,” said FRC President Tony Perkins. “Because of its ‘hate group’ lists, a deadly terrorist had a guidemap to FRC and other organizations. Our staff is still reeling from the attack, and the chilling effect this could have on organizations that are simply fighting for their values is outrageous.”
    Waiting for the left to connect the dots...
    Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 07:06 AM
    There are no dots to connect in a reasonable way for the actions or motives of a LOON! You believe him if you want, I chose not to.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2013, 07:23 AM
    LOL, talk about denial.
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2013, 07:38 AM
    Hello again,

Was listing them as a hate group the same thing as Sarah Palin putting targets on a map? Six of one, half dozen of another...

You guys have problems with the MESSENGER, but none with the MESSAGE... Pssst.. You're concentrating on the WRONG thing.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Hello again,

Was listing them as a hate group the same thing as Sarah Palin putting targets on a map?? Six of one, half dozen of another...

You guys have problems with the MESSENGER, but none with the MESSAGE... Pssst.. You're concentrating on the WRONG thing.

excon
    Except for one thing, there is no connection to that silly, harmless crosshairs map to anyone getting shot. You guys are really great at connecting dots that aren't there to right-wingers but can't connect the obvious dots connected to violent left-wingers. Actually you do see them, you just won't admit it.
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2013, 08:26 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

No connection, huh? I don't know.. One of Palins targets was Tuscon, and Gabby Gifford got shot.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my 23 year old daughter hate me so much? And how can I change this? [ 22 Answers ]

My now 23 year old daughter hates me with a passion and won't speak to me. I have loved her unconditionally, paid for everything, including 100% of college, supported her interests, always told her I love her. Her father and I divorced when she was 17, and she obviously blames me. But she has hated...

Why does my 19 year old daughter hate me so? [ 7 Answers ]

My 19 year old daughter was a full time student, she was living in a condo with her older sister while in school full time. The rules were school full time, part time job (they keep the money). I paid all expenses. She got a boyfriend and everything changed. She became disrespectful, stopped...

Why does my 10 year old son hate me so much? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 yr old son who is constantly horrible to me! I have tried all different types of punishment for his behaiour and rewards for when he is good!! He wants to be allowed freedom but is so rude and horrid to me ( hitting, shouting, calling me a fat idiot)that I am reluctant to give him his...

Why does my 22 year old hate me so much [ 8 Answers ]

My 22 year old daughter acts like she hates which I think she really does. She talks to me like I'm nothing. She is killing me on the inside and I just want it to stop.

Why does my 14 year old son hate me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have three boys and am a single mom. My middle son was close to his dad who has basically walked out of their lives. I have been the only one to always take care of them. My middle son will not talk to me, won't kiss or hug me and is really sometimes just mean to me. I spend a lot of time...

View more questions Search