Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmethink Posts: 82, Reputation: 7

Mar 7, 2013, 01:11 AM
    I like to buy a new camera suggest me one?
    I recently started liking taking pictures.(with my mobile only now).I am planning to buy a new cam.. some says to buy SLR.. I don't know which one to buy?any suggestions.. I like taking nature photographs. Fashion photographs too.
    My budget is not that good suggest me one between 600$ and 800$..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 04:03 AM
    I suggest going to a camera store and picking one in your budget and capability; the staff will help you decide. I don't know where you are but you won't have to spend 600 or 800.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Canon EOS Rebel, t3i, and 2 or 3 lenses. Will cost 700-800.
    Very respected company with excellent support (real people), and a best selling model.
    You can bargain prices just you do with a car, or find a good deal online. Try Beach Camera.

Mar 7, 2013, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Very respected company with excellent support (real people), and a best selling model.
    You can bargain prices just you do with a car, or find a good deal online. Try Beach Camera.
    The cam you mentioned costs a little more than my budget.. it costs more than 48000 rs here like around 900$.. I can't afford that..
    Hey what about Canon EOS 550D SLR or Nikon D5100 SLR or anyelse?
    Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmethink View Post
    the cam you mentioned costs a little more than my budget..it costs more than 48000 rs here like around 900$..i can't afford that..
    hey what about Canon EOS 550D SLR or Nikon D5100 SLR or anyelse?
    I guess you don't like shopping around. You are missing out asking us to do it for you.

Mar 7, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I guess you don't like shopping around. You are missing out asking us to do it for you.
    I already told its costly around here and my parents will kill me if they find out.They don't like me buying a camera because they think it will effect my studies.
    I don't want to buy from net.. really don't like the idea of getting it delivered to my parents
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 11:33 AM
    So what does that have to do with going to the store and shopping around? You said you don't want to buy from the net... then go to the store and look around, ask questions, and buy there. That's what Tickle was pretty much telling you.

Mar 7, 2013, 11:47 AM
    Yeah I understand the problem is when girls go to shop especially without elders in my place the salespersons will always show us the bad models and will force us to buy them if we don't have a clue about the things.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 11:56 AM
    My son has a Canon digital camera that cost only $100 or so. It takes excellent pictures, and since he is new at photography, this is a good learning camera. A friend who is an experienced photographer bought the same model and is also very happy with it. You do not have to spend much money nowadays. My husband is a photographer and just told me to tell you to start with a basic digital camera, especially if this is just for your own personal fun. You do not need a SLR camera. He also said to check online for digital camera reviews.

Mar 7, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My son has a Canon digital camera that cost only $100 or so. It takes excellent pictures, and since he is new at photography, this is a good learning camera. A friend who is an experienced photographer bought the same model and is also very happy with it. You do not have to spend much money nowadays. My husband is a photographer and just told me to tell you to start out with a basic digital camera, especially if this is just for your own personal fun. You do not need a SLR camera. He also said to check online for digital camera reviews.
    Forgot to mention actually I have a digital camera.bought some 3 years back and really got the idea of buying a better one after that.
    Entomology Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 12:07 PM
    I have a Nikon that I think is a fantastic camera.

Nikon Coolpix 16.1 Megapixel Compact Camera Black 26329 - Best Buy
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2013, 12:28 PM
    I have a $100 camera, and it certainly does have it's limitations for fine photography.
    I have sort of wanted that Canon EOS, but am not willing to spend the money just yet.
    Buy it on eBay, where you have buyer protection if you have a Paypal account.
    You can get it there for $600-700 depending on the lenses, and Beach Camera is a reputable company. I even bought a big TV from their eBay ID.

Mar 7, 2013, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I have a Nikon that I think is a fantastic camera.

Nikon Coolpix 16.1 Megapixel Compact Camera Black 26329 - Best Buy
    Cam looks good.. am not a pro so don't know to say in an expert way.
    Actually can you tell me the difference between a dslr and a digital cam? I need a cam just to take nature photographs and fashion too. I just want the pictures to look awesome with my small budget cam
    Entomology Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 12:38 PM
    cam looks good..am not a pro so don't know to say in an expert way.
    actually can u tell me the difference between a dslr and a digital cam? i need a cam just to take nature photographs and fashion too. i just want the pictures to look awesome with my small budget cam
    I know nothing about the terms associated... All I know is that the camera takes fantastic pictures, has many great features about it, and it feels like it's well made.
    Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 12:41 PM
    forgot to mention actually i have a digital camera.bought some 3 years back and really got the idea of buying a better one after dat.
    Some of the best photographers do their best work with old cameras, inexpensive cameras. I can't give a link, but have read articles and seen their work. Time of day, the season, the subject can be caught with a good inexpensive digital camera.

Mar 7, 2013, 12:47 PM
    I have a $100 camera, and it certainly does have it's limitations for fine photography.
    I have sort of wanted that Canon EOS, but am not willing to spend the money just yet.
    Buy it on ebay, where you have buyer protection if you have a Paypal account.
    You can get it there for $600-700 depending on the lenses, and Beach Camera is a reputable company. I even bought a big TV from their ebay ID.
    No I don't have a paypal account.guess I will have to believe in the salesperson and have to cam a cam they shows..

Mar 7, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Some of the best photographers do their best work with old cameras, inexpensive cameras. I can't give a link, but have read articles and seen their work. Time of day, the season, the subject can be caught with a good inexpensive digital camera.
    Yeah but I am not sure it will work the same way with me .
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 02:13 PM
    cam looks good..am not a pro so don't know to say in an expert way.
    actually can u tell me the difference between a dslr and a digital cam? i need a cam just to take nature photographs and fashion too. i just want the pictures to look awesome with my small budget cam
    SLR stand for Single Lens Reflex. It is the way a camera sees and shoots a picture. The D is for digital. Before all this the SLR was the camera of choice for many but the draback was that it uses 35mm film. Now in the digital age you don't have film to worry about.

The SLR format will be more flexible then just the digital camera in that you usually have more features. So as you gain experience you can "play" with it more to get different effects. Just make sure that anything you buy at ths time has at least 12 megapix and get one that offers the most non digital zoom you can afford.

Digital zoom tries to make up for the short comings of the camera where non digital keeps the picture more pure.
    Kovid Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 03:05 AM
    Canon EOS Rebel T3i is a good choice in cameras for photography. I have this one and I am fully satisfied.
    Locrian_44 Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

May 15, 2013, 08:45 PM
    The internet is a great way to research camera quality and to shop. You have actually gotten good answers here on AHMD, but you seem resistant to the suggestions, and we can't do all your shopping for you. Either take our advice or Google a search term like "digital camera review" CNet is a big camera review site. There are others. Use the camera manufacturer sites to learn about their cameras and list prices. Canon and Nikon are well regarded camera manufacturers. Check the review sites for old reviews and shop the used camera sites. Here is a start:

----- digital camera review
    ----- CNet
    ----- Consumer Reports
    ----- how to buy a camera
    ----- Canon cameras
    ----- Nikon
    ----- Keh cameras
    ----- Craigslist
    ----- eBay

SLR cameras come from the old days of film. SLR means that you see the scene as it will be shot. When you press the shutter, the mirror that allows this, flips up out of the way, to impress the image onto film. Digital cameras make SLRs obsolete. Film is almost obsolete. This dates me, but in my high school days, I used an SLR, but I also photographed with rangefinders, twin lens reflex and 8X10 film large format cameras.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 11 years Old Should I buy a bridge dslr camera or a small compact camera? [ 2 Answers ]

I do have experience with a dslr camera

Deciding what camera to buy! Please help. [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew more information about these cameras. I am a beginner. They are both 35mm film cameras. How much would it cost to get the pictures printed? These are the cameras: UrbanOutfitters.com > Fisheye Camera UrbanOutfitters.com > Lomography Diana Mini 35mm Camera ...

Which camera to buy [ 3 Answers ]

I am signed up for a still photography class. I use a Canon A40 Powershot for work - I point the camera, press the button, it takes good photos. The instructor suggests a better camera - but he also said I could get a close up lens for the Canon. Any suggestions on what I should buy - or...

Could anyone suggest a good digital camera? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but oh well :) I'm looking for a decent digital camera. 4-5 megapixels, $400-$800 maybe :) I have looked at many but they all seem the same. I need something that will work with generic software, that doesn't store pics in a...

View more questions Search