Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin159 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
    3 phase 208 volt/120 volt .load
    I am trying to hook up a commercial espresso machine which has a 220 line. My existing electrical box is a 3 phase 208 volt/120 volt. Would this be sufficient to handle this??
    Thank you
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Most equipment, esp a heating unit like a coffee machine can handle +/- 10% voltage variation, so your should work fine, may take a bit longer to heat, but I don't think you will notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Single Phase 208? [ 7 Answers ]

Greetings, I'm about to purchase a Suspended unit heater for a carpentry shop. I'd like to use a service I previously used for a table saw, being 208v 30A, (2 hots at 120(120degs opposed) and a ground). The fixtures I'm looking at, in the catalog, state that they are Single/3 phase 208 or Single...

120 volt Kenmore dryer weak heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have one of those small "apartment sized" 110 or 120 volt dryers that runs fine and does heat but it's so weak it takes way too long to dry clothes. I've tested every sensor and the heating element and they all check out fine. Air flow seems fine too. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, it's a...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

View more questions Search