Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curtis Wilson Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2013, 03:24 PM
    Are there some things that God does not know?
    We know God is all knowing, at least that is what we have been told. Is it really true, or are there some things that the Lord does not know? :)

Mar 6, 2013, 03:27 PM
    Are there some things that God does not know?
    We know God is all knowing, at least that is what we have been told, is that true?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 6, 2013, 03:30 PM
    >Threads Merged and Recategorised<
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Which god,
    Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, man and science ?

In the world there are many gods.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Which god,

in the world there are many gods.
    This is why I adore you. Best post I've ever seen. I only wish this wasn't in the discussion forum so that I could give you a greenie.

Truly, best answer ever!

Only complaint I have, you forgot my God, GooBoo the tree frog fairy. I started a thread about him, but it didn't take off.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...oo-688667.html

I really thought I was on to something with GooBoo. ;)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:22 PM
    What about Odin... and Thor? Maybe Zeus even...

Mar 6, 2013, 04:29 PM
    Which god,

in the world there are many gods.
    How about Jehovah God, The great I am, Jesus Christ, Lord God.
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    What about Odin...and Thor? Maybe Zeus even....
    You're thor?

Sorry, that reminded me of a joke. The invisible man and wonder woman are having sex on the roof of a high rise. Thor happens by and sees Wonder woman in the throes of passion, so he decides to join in, not seeing the invisible man.

When he's done he says "I am Thor!"

Then, the invisible man says "You're thore?"

I suck at jokes. :(
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Wilson View Post
    What about Wicca? That's a belief as well.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Are you a Witness?

Mar 6, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Are you a Witness?
    No
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 05:08 PM
    No
    They are the only ones I know of who refer to God as "Jehovah God," so was wondering. Or you have studied with them?

Mar 6, 2013, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    They are the only ones I know of who refer to God as "Jehovah God," so was wondering. Or you have studied with them?
    Never
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Never
    So what is your belief? You only post questions about God. Most of them are not questions, but discussions. What are you hoping to learn? Do you have a belief you're trying to get others to understand, or accept, or are you confused about your own beliefs?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 05:34 PM
    Quote: How about Jehovah God, The great I am, Jesus Christ, Lord God.

Confusing post, in that while the Old Testement Bible refers to God as Jehovah, it is for God the Father, not Jesus normally. And the term is used more by either Jehovah Witness or those of Jewish faith. I do rule out Jewish since you mentioned Jesus. Although there are Christian Jews who believe in Christ and practice Jewish law.

The issue here is, you either believe the bible, or you don't, if you accept the bible as an inspired word of God, then God knows all things.

If you do not accept the bible, then would not believe perhaps, unless you have a separate belief in a god.

Mar 6, 2013, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    So what is your belief? You only post questions about God. Most of them are not questions, but discussions. What are you hoping to learn? Do you have a belief you're trying to get others to understand, or accept, or are you confused about your own beliefs?
    I am always open to learn from the Holy Spirit. I am more of a teacher, at least that is what the Lord has called me to be. I never wanted or ever had the desire to be such. I tried to get out of it, but you can not change God's mind. So I accept the call, and when there are opportunities I take advantage of them.

Curtis

Mar 6, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Quote: How about Jehovah God, The great I am, Jesus Christ, Lord God.

Confusing post, in that while the Old Testement Bible refers to God as Jehovah, it is for God the Father, not Jesus normally. And the term is used more by either Jehovah Witness or those of Jewish faith. I do rule out Jewish since you mentioned Jesus. Although there are Christian Jews who beleive in Christ and practice Jewish law.

The issue here is, you either believe the bible, or you don't, if you accept the bible as an inspired word of God, then God knows all things.

if you do not accept the bible, then would not beleive perhaps, unless you have a separate belief in a god.
    Well I am not Jewish, or a JW, and I am not connected to any organized Church, except the body of Christ. Raised Roman Catholic when I was very young, got saved in an assemblies of God Church 35 years ago. Called to be teacher not many months after getting saved. Refused to do it, but the Lord impressed upon me that is what I was going to do. I now accept it, and wola, here I am. :)

Curtis
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2013, 07:05 PM
    The word is voilą, not wola. If you want to teach, then teach correctly.

So lets ask what is it you are called on to teach? Is it the word of this Lord that impressed you? If so what god is that, the God of the New Testament? And if this Lord impressed you, what makes you think the other Lords (Yahweh, Allah, Buddha, Odin, Zeus, etc.) have not impressed their followers similarly?
    Pets Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The word is voila, not wola. If you want to teach, then teach correctly.

So lets ask what is it you are called on to teach? Is it the word of this Lord that impressed you? If so what god is that, the God of the New Testament? And if this Lord impressed you, what makes you think the other Lords (Yahweh, Allah, Buddha, Odin, Zeus, etc.) have not impressed their followers similarly?
    Don't forget that Satan, to many, is also a God. So who's to know who's actually "speaking" to the OP.

Mar 6, 2013, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The word is voila, not wola. If you want to teach, then teach correctly.

My main message is about the word of the Kingdom. The same message Jesus proclaimed during his physical life on earth. Jesus only taught what his Father instructed him to teach. The main difference between Christianity and other beliefs is Jesus claimed to be God, and he is the only one to have risen up from the dead. His resurrection from the dead was witnessed by many hundred people. No other religion claims that. So what do you believe? Do believe in Jesus Christ as your Saviour? If not why?

Curtis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How are you supposed to thank god for things that hurt so much? [ 5 Answers ]

My uncle died in March and I heard in church that you're supposed to thank god for everything even though it hurts you, but how am I supposed to thank him that my uncle died?

Know that with God all things ARE possible. [ 7 Answers ]

Came home yesterday from a week stay in the hospital. I hemorrhaged half of my blood supply and had a heart attack. My wife hurried me to the hospital across the continental divide and the doctors and nurses took over. In the morning the chaplain prayed with me for quite awhile while the nurses...

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

The God Fuse: 10 things Chrsitians and Atheists can and must agree on [ 5 Answers ]

The following link is to a great read. As a bonus, it's written by David Wong, who also wrote an awesome independent book online, and a few years ago self-published it through cafe-press, called John Dies at the End. You should check both of them out. The article offers insight into both sides...

Did he end things with me.in the name of God? [ 4 Answers ]

Started seeing someone a little over two weeks ago. I have been acquainted with this guy for over ten years. We have been out a few times and spoke on the phone every day or every other day (he would call me). We went out on Friday and had a great time. After our date he asked whether I wanted to...

View more questions Search