Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2013, 07:09 PM
    WG

You surprise me... I give you that much. I think your suggestion to Curtis was awesome. :)

By the way... I think we will look about 30ish. Unless a person should die as a child and then I think they grow up to be about 30 ish. I know that sounds weird because there is no time in eternity. They are just my thoughts.

I was praying recently and a thought struck me. I saw the Father as kind of elderly; Grandfather (ish) even. I think I got a revelation that day. While our Father is HOLY, iIbelieve he is young. He isn't some old dude with lots of advise, wisdom and a long beard.. but rather he is HIP and Happening. I saw Him young... knowing all, completely HOLY, LOVE and yet YOUNG!! I liked thinking about HIM young. He is and always will be.. but he isn't a has been.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    WG

You surprise me... I give you that much. I think your suggestion to Curtis was awesome. :)
    Thanks! It seems to be a good way to proceed.
    I liked thinking about HIM young. He is and always will be.. but he isn't a has been.
    Did you read The Shack?
    Curtis Wilson Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2013, 09:45 PM
    WG

You surprise me...i give you that much. I think your suggestion to Curtis was awesome. :)

btw...I think we will look about 30ish. Unless a person should die as a child and then i think they grow up to be about 30 ish. I know that sounds weird because there is no time in eternity. They are just my thoughts.

I was praying recently and a thought struck me. I saw the Father as kind of elderly; Grandfather (ish) even. I think i got a revelation that day. While our Father is HOLY, iIbelieve he is young. He isn't some old dude with lots of advise, wisdom and a long beard.. but rather he is HIP and Happening. I saw Him young...knowing all, completely HOLY, LOVE and yet YOUNG!!! I liked thinking about HIM young. He is and always will be..but he isn't a has been.
    I have visions and revelations of the Lord all the time. One that sticks out the most was about 30 years ago while praying in my bedroom the Lord appeared before me. I did not know what to say, but I remember reading in the Bible where Jesus said to the woman at Jacobs well, “If you knew who it was talking to you, you would ask me for living water... ” So I ask the lord for some living water. He pointed in a specific direction and lo and behold there was a fountain. It looked like a 3 tier fountain the kind that you would see at Home Depot. So I walked up to it, and I wanted to drink from it, but there was no cup. Now, I am kind of silly person, I don't like to do pranks on people, but I do get silly sometimes. So I asked the Lord for a cup, and he pointed again at the other end of this fountain. What I saw made me bust out laughing, there was a Dixie cup dispenser stuck to the side of this fountain. I pulled off a cup and drank... I don't know if you know what that is. They were very popular when I was young. It was something mom and dads could buy at the supermarkets, and they usually would put them in the bathrooms for there kids to get drinks of water at night. They are refillable cup holders, like you see at 7 elevens. The Lord does have a sense of humor. If you want to be silly, he will be silly to. You want to be serious, he will serious to. Through the years I have had many visions, some funny some not.

Jesus is my best friend!

Curtis
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 02:14 AM
    Yeah
    Curtis I once saw the Lord as a person before a throne with a long train behind him you know the Scripture; his train fills the temple

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.
    letmethink Posts: 82, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2013, 01:02 PM
    I like to believe that god knows everything.It kind of frightens me when I think how everything is created.and how god is born? He has to be born somehow right?who or what created god? And what happens after death? Does heaven and hell really exists?.

I just like to believe if I pray to god he will let good things happen to me or else will punish me by making everything worse
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Curtis,

Buddy ol pal, that was one weird vision. Yes I know what dixie cups are... still weird. I am wondering what you were actually drinking BEFORE you had the vision. Ha ha.. just teasin
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 07:53 PM
    letmethink,

God always was.. he was never created and he was never born. I don't feel frightened when I think about God but it does kind of put me in shock and awe state. I mean we are created beings... it is hard to understand a being who always was. What does that even MEAN! But I believe it because the bible says it.

I'm glad you pray. He wants you to, he wants you to know him personally. God is love so he does want to bless you. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:00 PM
    WG,

No.. I never read The Shack. I have heard about it and knew many people loved it. Not sure it would be up my alley. I am a fundamentalist ( well that is the way the world would describe my beliefs, personally I think I am just a Christian who believes the bible, I believe HE places HIS WORD above his name) so... I think I wouldn't like it. An Aunt Jemima type as the FATHER? Lordy... that is just soooooo soooo wrong. No.. I didn't read The Shack. No way

I think putting any kind of human personality in to describe the Father, Son, Holy Spirit would be off putting. Let alone a female personality for our Father. Sort of just bad taste.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:05 PM
    WG,

No..i never read The Shack. I have heard about it and knew many people loved it. Not sure it would be up my alley. I am a fundamentalist ( well that is the way the world would describe my beliefs, personally i think I am just a Christian who believes the bible, I believe HE places HIS WORD above his name) so...i think I wouldn't like it. An Aunt Jemima type as the FATHER? Lordy...that is just soooooo soooo wrong. No..i didn't read The Shack. no way
    Interesting. The people who convinced me to read it are very fundamentalist Christians.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:09 PM
    WG,

Hey, I hear you. I had friends who read it and LOVED it. Did you like it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:20 PM
    WG,

hey, I hear you. I had friends who read it and LOVED it. did you like it?
    Yes, Iiked it a lot--even more as I got into it. It isn't rocket science or the textbook on God. It's fiction with a very important point to make.

Oh, remember Jesushelper? He also had strongly recommended it to me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:22 PM
    WG,

Whatever happened to Jesushelper anyway? Yes I remember him. I thought you were his aunt. Ha
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:23 PM
    WG,

whatever happened to Jesushelper anyway? yes I remember him. I thought you were his aunt. ha
    I'm his cyber aunt. He's lively on Facebook and has a new baby.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:56 PM
    WG.
    Oh good for him! Tell him we miss him on askme.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How are you supposed to thank god for things that hurt so much? [ 5 Answers ]

My uncle died in March and I heard in church that you're supposed to thank god for everything even though it hurts you, but how am I supposed to thank him that my uncle died?

Know that with God all things ARE possible. [ 7 Answers ]

Came home yesterday from a week stay in the hospital. I hemorrhaged half of my blood supply and had a heart attack. My wife hurried me to the hospital across the continental divide and the doctors and nurses took over. In the morning the chaplain prayed with me for quite awhile while the nurses...

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

The God Fuse: 10 things Chrsitians and Atheists can and must agree on [ 5 Answers ]

The following link is to a great read. As a bonus, it's written by David Wong, who also wrote an awesome independent book online, and a few years ago self-published it through cafe-press, called John Dies at the End. You should check both of them out. The article offers insight into both sides...

Did he end things with me.in the name of God? [ 4 Answers ]

Started seeing someone a little over two weeks ago. I have been acquainted with this guy for over ten years. We have been out a few times and spoke on the phone every day or every other day (he would call me). We went out on Friday and had a great time. After our date he asked whether I wanted to...

View more questions Search