Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shy-one Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 04:34 PM
    I need information on how to obtain a divorce
    I would like to know what can you do if you're trying to obtain a divorce and the
    Wife has left the country with no way of contacting her knowing divorce is wanted? Thanks
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 04:37 PM
    You can file stating that she abandoned the marriage by moving with no forwarding address. She left the country? Do you know which country? Why did she leave? What did she say to you before leaving? Your attorney is going to ask all this and more.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 20, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Yes, I agree, filing under abandonment is about the only avenue you have if you don't know how to contact her... but I believe there may be a requirement as to the length of time she has been away. What happened?
    leslieedmunds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shy-one
    I would like to know what can you do if you're trying to obtain a divorce and the
    wife has left the country with no way of contacting her knowing divorce is wanted? Thanks
    I don't know, but I need to find out. If anyone has INFO on this subject contact me: [email protected]
    Please&Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 11:09 AM
    In the US ( no one said what county they are in or from, Canada, Mexico, US, Libia, France?? )

But in the US, divorce is a state law and regulated by each state, in some states you have to be separated for amount of time, in other states you can file right away. But the start esp if the wife is not available, you get an attorney, who will have to follow state law as for attempting to contact the missing person. There may have to be legal notices made in a local paper. But really the start is to hire an attorney, and if you are low income check out a legal aids society.

I am sorry, the pain and loss are hard and now a divorce is even more pain.
    Dejamensah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 07:06 PM
    I believe my husband is using me for his green card. What can I do to stop this from happening.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

May 17, 2007, 06:27 AM
    How long have you been married?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search