Ask
    rebeca2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 02:28 PM
    How to get cleaning contracts
    Am trying to get cleaning licess how do I get it
    rebeca2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Housekeeping
    Am trying to start cleaning business but I don't have any idea how to start but I would like to start by getting cleaning licesse first how can I get it
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 06:04 PM
    To my knowledge there is no 'cleaning license' required Rebeca. You will however need a business license and liability insurance.

If you have no experience in business especially the cleaning business at all then I suggest that you go to work for one and learn the business from the inside. Too many people think that running or owning a cleaning business is an easy and quick money thing, it is not. Most who start without any knowledge or experience fail quickly.

Do your due diligence. Get experience, learn, but just not this business learn how to run a business and your chances for success will be much greater.

I have had my own cleaning business for over 20 years. Prior to this I worked for 5 years in this business starting in sales and ending up as VP of Sales and Marketing. This gave me a firm foundation to start on my own. I attended any and all conferences, study groups, took classes, learned how to run a stripper, scrubber, and learned how to properly clean windows... and so much more.

We are not especially large, I make a decent living, we do about 7.5 million per year. We specialize in medical cleaning; hospitals, clinics, etc. We found our niche and that helps a lot. I/we learn something new every day and try to use it.

Good luck,

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How cleaning company find cleaning contracts? [ 12 Answers ]

How can I get cleaning contracts?

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

Cleaning Contracts [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good way to get cleaning contracts

How to get cleaning contracts [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best and most quick way to get cleaning contracts in your area for a business that is already doing residential cleaning, but wants to enter the market in the commercial arena?

Cleaning contracts [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know how to get cleaning contracts for commercial contracts

View more questions Search