Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicholas7620 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Honeywell fan limit switch L4064A 1347 5
    I'm trying to locate a Honeywell Fan Limit Switch Part No L4064A 1347 5, 8" in length and 40 degrees F Ambient, the replacement equivalent.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Check this out. A further search on this site could also help to find you the part

Honeywell Fan Limit Switch Part No L4064A 1347 5 | eBay

Mar 5, 2013, 10:11 PM
    Thanks HVAC, my part number has been superceded by another part number. I ordered the fan limit switch and I will try it out. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I ordered the part from Grainger. I also found the same part at KeithSpecialty.com for less, but I had already ordered from Grainger.

Mar 14, 2013, 06:18 PM
    My problem turned out to be the Westinghouse blower motor. Be careful and don't assume your fan limit switch is bad always check the motor.

My motor was drawing 35.5 amps and shutting itself off. Thus giving the illusion the fan limit switch was bad. The motor is only supposed to draw 5 amps and turned itself off before the motor could blow the fuse. A voltmeter/amperage tester on your Multimeter would have detected the problem.

The best Multimeter to use is the kind with a clip you can open and place over the motor wire.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
    Your posts
    I'm trying to locate a Honeywell Fan Limit Switch Part No L4064A 1347 5, 8" in length and 40 degrees F Ambient, the replacement equivalent.

My post back to you and I helped you find one
    Check this out. A further search on this site could also help to find you the part.

Your post
    My problem turned out to be the Westinghouse blower motor. Be careful and don't assume your fan limit switch is bad always check the motor.

My post back to you.
    I never assume anything and I always test but you said you needed to locate a fan and limit switch so that is exactly what I did.
    Glad you found out what it was exactly and you got it fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Honeywell combination fan limit issues [ 4 Answers ]

My furnace blower fan will not start in auto, and eventually the flame is shut off by a high limit on the squirrel cage. The safety is working so that's good. Now I know that it should start, as I can see the fan control temp dial turning on the L4064B2954 Honeywell combination fan blower limit...

To replace A Cam Stat Fan limit with a Honeywell [ 8 Answers ]

Hi guys, Am going to replace the current Cam Stat Fan limit on my old furnace coleman with a honey well 8 ". Could you specify the diagram for wiring on honeywell. Thanks for your prompt answers

Replaced Fan Limit Switch, but fan still won't stop! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Im new here. Well I have a 1987 Olsen Forced air furnace. I've been in this house now for about 4 months. I realized one day that the furnace fan didn't shut off. I did some searching and decided it must be a faulty fan limit switch. I got the correct Honeywell replacement limit...

Fan limit switch? [ 6 Answers ]

I am troubleshooting a Gas furnace. I am trying to eliminate the fan/limit control and a 24 volt electric controlled switch. I am getting 24 volts to the switch. I have replaced a thermostat for this unit. There is an auto/manual switch on the fan/limit switch. When this switch is in the manual...

View more questions Search