Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marykennell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 10:21 PM
    My name is on my husbands bank account but I don't work can a credit card judgement ta
    In 2002 I had a credit card I don't remember having the card they are going to put a judgement on me for non payment I'm marryed no and my name is on my husbands banking account I don't work due to health reason can the judgement take money from my husbands account
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 10:27 PM
    If your name is on the bank account, you too are an owner, whether you have a job or not.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 5, 2013, 04:00 AM
    Yes, you are an owner of the account so its equally your asset. I suggest he close that account and open a new one in his name only.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Some states do permit funds in joint account to be exempt. You must be able to prove the funds in the account belong to your husband only, that he alone deposited the funds. Check with you local courts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can credit card companies freeze your bank account in tx [ 1 Answers ]

I live in dallas tx & have always heard in tx credit card collectors can't freeze your bank account. Well they did mine what can I do? I can't get money out of my account, or pay my bills nothing.! Can I do anything?help, my daughter has been real sick & right now this is too much were in the er...

Levying a bank account from credit card judgement [ 3 Answers ]

How often is it that credit cards levy bank accounts after judgement? I have since been in contact w them every day and they are still willing to settle. Could they touch my husbands accounts if my name is not on them?

How can I stop a credit card co. From garnishingmy bank account [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Ga. My daughter used my credit card and the bill is now over 5500. And I have been served with a summons to go to court and give and answer. I am told they can take my bank account checking and saving what can I do?

Credit card bank account levy Texas [ 0 Answers ]

I have a credit card debt of approx. $19,000 owed to a federally chartered bank. We are Texas residents and reside in Texas. The account has been in collection for over a year. The collection agency has threatened to issue a levy on our bank account. We also have a business account which is an LLC...

Levy on Bank account/ judgement on credit report [ 1 Answers ]

On week before christmas of last year I called to check my bank account and was told by the bank that I have a levy on my account, I asked them how is it possible that a stranger that I have never spoken to can do this to my account. The bank gave me a number and said that Thomas Law office put the...

View more questions Search