Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michealmicheals Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 02:14 PM
    I stole from my employment what can happen?
    I was just wondering what can happened to me when I attend my court day what's the worst can happened? I stole a 700$ TV from my wrk and got caught but other employees did as well witch I told them but they didn't get caught just me. Thank you for taking the time
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 02:24 PM
    Well let's see... you stole... so you may wind up in jail or on probation... who knows?

I can say this much though... simply because others did the same thing does not make it an excuse for you to do it too... and the court isn't going to care about that.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 4, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Aside from worst, the usual is a huge fine much greater than the value of what you stole, to cover legal costs etc. even if you give the TV back. So you might want to start finding places to borrow money.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 11, 2013, 07:06 PM
    It will more than likely be a misdemeanor. You will probably have to pay a good size fine and probably probation for 6 months to a year. You will have a record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I stole over 5000 from my job what's going to happen now [ 32 Answers ]

I'm 21 live in winnipeg mb I stole from my job due to desprate circumstances. Its my first offence, I stole 9500$. The police just contacted me and asked me to meet with them this Tuesday. I don't know what to do. What punishments could I be facing, what should I say to the police when they ask...

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

View more questions Search