Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noblebright761 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Receptionist ettiquette
    I work on a reception desk with one other receptionist. She is always typing away, printing and signing for documents, going on courses and building up office work like as if she is a secretary or something? But without informing me about anything. There is a lot of 'dual' tasking and going over each other's work because we have contact with the same people. I was here before her and always went by the same method of informing her, talking to her, arranging things into one account. But the more contact she had with people the more she developed her own accounts and filings. Even to ordering a new computer and software. I told her we should both have the same equipment on the desk? And she made a childish comment and started laughing. When she changed the procedures of transferring files to people I had no idea what she was doing. And when I enquired to her she talks to you as if you should already know and she can't be bothered. Sometimes I had to ask her to keep me informed. When people would come to the desk she would talk over me and complete something I was in the middle of for them which was really a test of my patience. And she would just look at you and say 'I have already done it'. Then get really friendly with people and a bit arrogant with me. I told her we should both not talk over each other as it is impolite but she didn't seem to get it, than one day I got so fed up she finally did, I think. It's very tough, She is a lot younger than me.

Check out some similar questions!

Receptionist [ 1 Answers ]

Why I am suitable for receptionist job in school?

How does my resume look for a receptionist position? [ 4 Answers ]

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS Ambitious, positive and proactive Business Professional eager to contribute strong organization, customer service and computer savvy toward supporting the goals of a progressive employer in an Administrative Support role COMPUTER SKILLS • Windows XP • Ms Word...

How do I write a cover letter for a receptionist position? [ 15 Answers ]

Hehe I just posted there. I knew it was a few days old, But I just had to shed some light on that oh so wonderful world of dropouts.

Can anyone help me find a receptionist job? [ 6 Answers ]

Am having a difficult time finding one that does not practice discrimination against full figured women.

KPI's of a Receptionist [ 2 Answers ]

What are the KPI's of a Receptionist?:)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.