Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2005, 08:48 PM
    Fencing attacks and the martial arts
    I would like to start a discussion about fencing moves and their similarity to martial arts moves. Anyone interested?
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Oct 10, 2010, 04:39 AM
    I like to use the fencing attack move of the lunge. It can place you below someone's kick, and get you forward quite a bit, yet is easy to move back to where you were instantly. Certainly different types of swords can be used in fencing, and various martial arts also teach sword work, so very similar.
    To pierce with a foil, or use a sabre require quite different styles, so it is with a broadsword, or a lion sword, or an executioners sword, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Martial arts movie [ 4 Answers ]

About 15 to 20 years ago I saw a movie which I can no longer recall the name of. The movie was about 5 or 6 guys who used to be in the same military unit together- who come together to help save a town or what not. Of the characters I can remember- one was drunk living in a salvage yard, one was a...

Martial Arts and Physics? [ 25 Answers ]

Are there any books out there that treat martial arts from a physics point of view? Even better- Are there any teachers, professors, or instructors out there willing to collaborate on a book on the subject?

Better Basketball Through Martial Arts [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone discuss some of the ways that martial arts training can improve a person's basketball?

Martial Arts and Boxing [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone noticed the various levels of boxing are beginning to show signs of martial arts training or martial arts type stances? Is this because trainers are utilizing martial artists to aid there boxers? Is it because many martial artists and boxers are crossing-over? Can anyone discuss this?

View more questions Search