Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curtis Wilson Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 2, 2013, 11:54 PM
    The tree of Life
    What would have happened if Adam and Eve ate from the tree of life?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 12:12 AM
    They did, all the time. That's why God kicked them out of the Garden after the Fall, so they wouldn't be able to eat of it any longer.

Genesis 3 --

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Agree with wondergirl. But if they had continued to eat from the tree of life, they wouldn't have died. And we could take wacks at them to this very day. Ha
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Mar 3, 2013, 05:59 AM
    They only got one bite of the apple. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 06:03 AM
    Mcsap,
    I think you are thinking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Speaking of that tree, I heard a pastor once liken it to the law. The law showed man what was good and what was evil. I thought that was interesting... thought I'd throw that out there.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Agree with wondergirl.
    Where's the parade? The marching bands? The baton twirlers? The big men riding on little scooters? The convertibles carrying the parade queen and the princesses?

CLASSYT AND I AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!!!!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcsap9213 View Post
    They only got one bite of the apple. :)
    Wrong tree.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 11:26 AM
    WG.

LOL... hey miracles happen everyday!

Mar 3, 2013, 09:49 PM
    The entire Bible is narrative about God testing the moral judgment of our first parents on earth, and there poor judgment. God wanted Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of life which would have greatly changed everything on earth. Through out the Bible we see God's process of bringing restoration back to man so that once again man has the option of partaking from the tree of life.
    What would have happened if Adam, and Eve did eat from this tree. It would be exactly the same thing that happens to us when we do partake of this tree. In the Book of Revelations it tells us what happens to a child of God after they eat from it.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

When a Christian does God's commandments it gives them the “right” to the tree of life. We of ourselves have no rights to this tree, we did not earn it, or even deserve it. The word “right” means “ability, and power”. If we do his commandments it gives us power and ability to eat from the tree of life! If Adam and Eve had kept God's commandment to guard the garden they would have eventually partook of life.
    It is very interesting that the King James Bible is the only translation that says “ Blessed are they that do his commandments,” all other Bible translations say it this way “Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life...” Doing God's commandments is the same thing as “washing of robes” How do we wash our robes?

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Confessing our sins to God is washing our robes. First, God forgives us, and then he will cleanse us from all unrighteousness (the Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin)!
    Do you want the power and ability to eat from the tree of life right now? You must understand this to believe it, there is no faith without understanding. It requires Wisdom from God before this reality can become real to you.

Pro 14:33 Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

Wisdom = understanding, understanding = Wisdom. This is why Jesus said “ he that heareth the word of the Kingdom and does not understand it, Satan steals the word, but he that heareth the word of the Kingdom, and understand it brings some thirty, sixty, one hundred fold return” (Matt 13:19) The only people who prosper in God's Kingdom are those who have understanding of it.
    Are you hearing the word of the Kingdom right now? Are you understanding it? You my brothers and sisters have the power in you right this second, if you are understanding what is being said.
    But eating from the tree of life is only the beginning, look at what happens after you do eat from the tree of life... ”that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.” The purpose of the tree of life is give us wisdom of what God did in the beginning before the earth was ever created, way before Adam, and Eve. This was the hidden Wisdom that God never told anybody from the beginning. It could only be found by those who partake from the tree of life!
    If Adam and Eve did eat from this tree of life, they would walked right through the gates of the Heavenly City that God had prepared before the foundation of the world!! Some might say this is only going to happen after we die, or Jesus returns, after judgment. Notice only Gods elect can enter as it is written.
    Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie”
    When Jesus said it was finished, he really meant it was finished.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
    Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Curtis :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Wilson View Post
    What would have happened if Adam, and Eve did eat from this tree.
    They did whenever they wanted to. Once they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, no more eating from the Tree of Life.

We aren't told how long they lived in the Garden. It could have been thousands of years.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    They did whenever they wanted to. Once they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, no more eating from the Tree of Life.

We aren't told how long they lived in the Garden. It could have been thousands of years.
    Adam and Eve NEVER ate from the tree of Life. That is why God kicked them out of the garden so they would not eat from it and live forever in a fallen state

Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 10:16 PM
    Adam and Eve NEVER ate from the tree of Life. That is why God kicked them out of the garden so they would not eat from it and live forever in a fallen state

Curtis
    Of course they did! That was their gift from God, to be able to eat from that tree and live forever. Only ONE tree could not be eaten from.

In heaven, we too will eat from the Tree of Life.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:19 PM
    Of course they did! That was their gift from God, to be able to eat from that tree and live forever. Only ONE tree could not be eaten from.

In heaven, we too will eat from the Tree of Life.
    Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground whence he was taken.

Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 10:26 PM
    Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Curtis
    Yes, AFTER they had sinned. He had to kick them out of the Garden so they could no longer eat from the Tree of Life in their sin.

BEFORE they had sinned, God told them to eat of all trees in the Garden except for ONE.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 10:30 PM
    Gen. 2:16,17 (KJV): And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.:

Mar 3, 2013, 10:57 PM
    Gen. 2:16,17 (KJV): And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.:
    If Adam had eaten from the tree of life he would have eternal life at that exact moment onward. There were many trees in the garden, not just two. Only two were singled out to be of importance. No, not some day will we be allowed to eat from the tree of life. It is right now.. today... not someday. If you want to wait for some latter time, that's up to you. But I were you I would not wait, because you are missing out on some blessing indescribable.

The Lord said he (Adam) could eat from any tree in the garden, not just one.

Gen 2:16 The LORD God gave the man a command. He said, "You can eat the fruit of any tree that is in the garden.
    Gen 2:17 But you must not eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you do, you can be sure that you will die."

Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 11:08 PM
    If Adam had eaten from the tree of life he would have eternal life at that exact moment onward. There were many trees in the garden, not just two. Only two were singled out to be of importance. No, not some day will we be allowed to eat from the tree of life. It is right now..today...not someday. If you want to wait for some latter time, that's up to you. But I were you I would not wait, because you are missing out on some blessing indescribable.
    Only ONE tree was forbidden. They may have been enjoying the Garden for thousands of years, eating from the Tree of Life.

The Tree of Life gives immortality. We do not yet eat from it.

You are very, very incorrect about the trees. Call any minister or priest in your town and ask. In fact, you are the first person I've met who ever had such a notion about the Tree of Life.

And now you are preaching to me?

Mar 3, 2013, 11:28 PM
    Only ONE tree was forbidden. They may have been enjoying the Garden for thousands of years, eating from the Tree of Life.

The Tree of Life gives immortality. We do not yet eat from it.

You are very, very incorrect about the trees. Call any minister or priest in your town and ask. In fact, you are the first person I've met who ever had such a notion about the Tree of Life.

And now you are preaching to me?
    If Adam, Eve had eaten from the tree of life, they would have walked right through the gates of the City God had prepared from the foundations of the world. Even in nature we see the animal kingdom always prepare a place have there young, before they do. That is not fluke of nature, it was God designed. The Lord is no different, he has prepared a city for his children which we are. You can not enter through its gates until you eat from the tree of life! If God said,

Gen 3:22 The LORD God said, "The man has become like one of us. He can now tell the difference between good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life and eat it. If he does, he will live forever." Gen 3:23 So the LORD God drove the man out of the Garden of Eden to work the ground he had been made of.

Who are we to call God a liar, if he said ,” He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life...”!!! I choose to believe God.

"you are the first person I've met who ever had such a notion about the Tree of Life."

I do not believe in the traditions of man which makes the word of God ineffective, Wisdom can not be transferred from one man to another, it only comes down from above. Jesus had the same reaction to his message from the religious leaders of his day. They never heard this kind of doctrine before until Jesus came along. Yet he read the scriptures as they did.

Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 11:31 PM
    If Adam, Eve had eaten from the tree of life, they would have walked right through the gates of the City God had prepared from the foundations of the world. Even in nature we see the animal kingdom always prepare a place have there young, before they do. That is not fluke of nature, it was God designed. The Lord is no different, he has prepared a city for his children which we are. You can not enter through its gates until you eat from the tree of life!! If God said,

Gen 3:22 The LORD God said, "The man has become like one of us. He can now tell the difference between good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life and eat it. If he does, he will live forever." Gen 3:23 So the LORD God drove the man out of the Garden of Eden to work the ground he had been made out of.

Who are we to call God a liar, if he said ,” He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life...”!!! I choose to believe God.

Curtis
    Your quotes are AFTER the FALL. We are talking about BEFORE the FALL.

BEFORE the Fall, they ate from the Tree of Life. The Garden of Eden WAS Paradise, heaven, perfection.

You are not thinking clearly or reading with discernment.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 06:02 AM
    Curtis,

Hmmmm? I don't know Curtis, they could have partook of it before they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I don't think you have enough scripture to back up your thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching a horizontal pole to a tree, without hurting the tree (much) How? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put a hand rail along a steep portion of a trail in the woods, so old folks like me can get along it more safely/easier. I can lash the horizontal pole to a vertical tree, using a steel wire. In a few years the tree will grow around it, making a weak point in the tree and hurting it's...

After a large maple tree limb was removed to the tree, the area is rotting. Is it OK [ 3 Answers ]

We have a large beautiful maple tree in the center of our back yard. Several years ago the local power came through and cut one of the large limbs close to the power line clear to the tree itself. Since then in the years since, the spot has rotted and is not receding into the tree mostly because...

What's The name of this Movie? Has fariries, Magical tree and the after life [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever seen a movie that has to do with Fairies, a magical tree, death/ after life? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just going off a description from someone else. Has anyone ever seen a movie that has to do with death/the afterlife, a magical tree? and fairies all of these...

Cut Tree Down? Tree Roots destroying my walkway. [ 7 Answers ]

I have some type of birch tree in the front of my house. The roots have grown up on the lawn and crakes my walk way. The tree is beautiful but is destroying my walkway and the lawn. Can I save it or should I just cut it down. If I replant a tree, what tree can I plant that will avoid damaging my...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

View more questions Search