Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    WG

seriously lets not compare Curtis to Satan.
    I'm not equating them, just sayin'.
    Curtis Wilson Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    YIKES!

I don't know how long he has studied the word but thats a little harsh. His posts are thoughtful and full of scripture. He doesn't sound like a new Christian to me. His heart is the right place. He is trying to back his thoughts up with scripture and I actually appreciate that.

I asked my sister over lunch what she thought and her answer off the top of her head was NO! They didn't eat from the tree of life. And I actually DO understand why Curtis believes it. It isn't far out there. In fact it is possible. But I don't think so...I mean if the Lord told me I could eat of the tree of lfe it would be my first pick even if I didn't understand what i meant. Regular trees..vs. a special one...I'm thinking they headed toward that one. but I am reasoning

I believe the tree of knowledge represents the law ...( nothing wrong with the law but it can't make a man holy) and the tree of life represents grace which gives us life. I believe grace is a PERSON ...Jesus Christ. I don't believe you can lose your salvation so I get what Curtis is saying.
    If the tree of life is not a type of Jesus Christ, which it is. Then why would we need Jesus at all. We should all go looking for a tree that gives us life eternal, and dump Jesus! Of corse that is dumb thinking. Jesus is the tree of life, and when he gives life to a person they will never die. He is not a indian giver :)

Curtis
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Wilson View Post
    IJesus is the tree of life
    Which brings us around to the conclusion that the Garden of Eden story is an allegory.

Allegory is a device in which characters or events in a story, poem, or picture represent or symbolize ideas and concepts. Allegory has an immense power of illustrating complex ideas and concepts in a digestible, concrete way. In allegory a message is communicated by means of symbolic figures, actions or symbolic representation. Allegory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching a horizontal pole to a tree, without hurting the tree (much) How? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put a hand rail along a steep portion of a trail in the woods, so old folks like me can get along it more safely/easier. I can lash the horizontal pole to a vertical tree, using a steel wire. In a few years the tree will grow around it, making a weak point in the tree and hurting it's...

After a large maple tree limb was removed to the tree, the area is rotting. Is it OK [ 3 Answers ]

We have a large beautiful maple tree in the center of our back yard. Several years ago the local power came through and cut one of the large limbs close to the power line clear to the tree itself. Since then in the years since, the spot has rotted and is not receding into the tree mostly because...

What's The name of this Movie? Has fariries, Magical tree and the after life [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever seen a movie that has to do with Fairies, a magical tree, death/ after life? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just going off a description from someone else. Has anyone ever seen a movie that has to do with death/the afterlife, a magical tree? and fairies all of these...

Cut Tree Down? Tree Roots destroying my walkway. [ 7 Answers ]

I have some type of birch tree in the front of my house. The roots have grown up on the lawn and crakes my walk way. The tree is beautiful but is destroying my walkway and the lawn. Can I save it or should I just cut it down. If I replant a tree, what tree can I plant that will avoid damaging my...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

View more questions Search