Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Curtis,

hmmmm? I don't know Curtis, they could have partook of it before they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I don't think you have enough scripture to back up your thoughts.
    And they may have been in the Garden for thousands of years before the Fall. They did have to name all the animals, and that certainly took a few years.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 08:47 AM
    WG,

It is true.. we really have no clue how long they were there. ( OH LORD... I think I agreed with you again.) lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 09:22 AM
    WG,

it is true..we really have no clue how long they were there. ( OH LORD...i think i agreed with you again.) lol
    I'm beginning to feel a bit dizzy. Does this mean I will be sending you a Christmas card?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 10:03 AM
    WG,

Lets not press our luck. Ha ha... we will be at it again soon. I can feel it in me bones.
    Curtis Wilson Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2013, 10:10 AM
    Curtis,

hmmmm? I don't know Curtis, they could have partook of it before they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I don't think you have enough scripture to back up your thoughts.
    Well, Those who believe that Adam did eat from the tree of life before his fall have no scripture to back up that claim, only assumptions. I have the testimony of God himself who said,

Gen 3:22 The LORD God said, "The man has become like one of us. He can now tell the difference between good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life and eat it. If he does, he will live forever."

Can a Christian ever lose there salvation? no. Once you have life eternal it can not be taken away.no. Can death kill life? no. Can darkness overcome light? no. If Adam had eaten from the tree of life before the fall, he would not have died. The scripture tells us in Revelations 22 what happens to a person who eats from the tree of life, they are given power and ability to enter into God's Holy City which he prepared for man before time began. Adam never enter the gates of this Holy City, he only lived in the garden which is not that city God prepared for his Church.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Wilson View Post
    Well, Those who believe that Adam did eat from the tree of life before his fall have no scripture to back up that claim, only assumptions. I have the testimony of God himself who said,

Gen 3:22 The LORD God said, "The man has become like one of us. He can now tell the difference between good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life and eat it. If he does, he will live forever."
    That was AFTER they ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. You have been given Bible passages that say they ate of ALL trees (including the Tree of Life) except for that one (the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil). Do I have to type them out again? Okay, I will.

Gen. 2:16,17 (KJV): And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of EVERY tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 10:20 AM
    If Adam had eaten from the tree of life before the fall, he would not have died.
    No, that is why he and Eve were kicked out of the Garden -- so they would STOP eating from the Tree of Life.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 10:21 AM
    Curtis,

I follow your train of thought. I do. Going to study this a bit further today and get back with you. Notice in the verse Revelation that they had the RIGHT to eat of the tree of life. Adam had the right before he ate of the tree of knowledge but he lost the right. I will get back to you. I know you are on pins and needles awaiting my thoughts. ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Curtis,

I follow your train of thought. I do. Gonna study this a bit further today and get back with you. Notice in the verse Revelation that they had the RIGHT to eat of the tree of life. Adam had the right before he ate of the tree of knowledge but he lost the right. I will get back to you. I know you are on pins and needles awaiting my thoughts. ;)
    If they hadn't eaten from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and thus sinned, they would have lived forever. How could that have happened unless they were eating from the Tree of Life? And you and I agree that they could have already been alive for thousands of years.

Eating from the Tree of Life is not a one-time event, a one-shot deal, then bingo! Bango! You live forever. It is a continuous privilege that we will enjoy in heaven, just as Adam and Eve had enjoyed doing that in the Garden.

Mar 4, 2013, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, that is why he and Eve were kicked out of the Garden -- so they would STOP eating from the Tree of Life.
    I knew about a man name Adam who ate from the tree of life, and received life eternal, "what ever happened to him""? He died..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 10:30 AM
    I knew about a man name Adam who ate from the tree of life, and recieved life eternal, "what ever happened to him""? He died..
    He died because he ate from the forbidden tree and was no longer able to continue eating from the Tree of Life.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 10:31 AM
    WG,

EXACTLY... it wasn't a one time event. It is a continuous privlege. Well stated.

Mar 4, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Lets look at this from another perspective. What was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Was there a tree that had some kind of mystic powers that could kill people? The tree of knowledge of good and evil did not have any poison in it, it was just a plain fruit tree in the garden, it was not bad. We know this to be true because in the very last verse of Gen 1 it says,

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Every tree in the garden was good!! The Lord just chose one tree out of many as an instrument to test Adam, and Eves moral judgment. When they disobeyed, it was not the fruit that killed them, but there own guilt and shame from knowing they had disobeyed God. Guilt, condemnation is a KILLER! That is why we read that there is now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can take this guilt, shame, and condemnation away! Adam and Eve used all the technology they had available to them at that time in an attempt to get rid of it. Sewing fig leaves together, and hiding from God was all they had. It did not help them. The guilt and shame remained in them. They needed a Saviour.
    What about the tree of life, what is it? What does it represent? We know Jesus called himself the true vine, the bread of life. All life flows from him. My words are Spirit, and they are life. I do not know if you have figured this out or not, but Jesus is the tree of life. It is where we gain Wisdom from.
    Jesus was made to be our Wisdom from God. It is from him where we gain eternal life. When you read the book of proverbs you will discover that those who have Wisdom, it is a tree of life!

Pro 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
    Pro 3:14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
    Pro 3:15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
    Pro 3:16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
    Pro 3:17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
    Pro 3:18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

She Wisdom will give you lone life. How long? “Eternal”
    She Wisdom is better than gold or silver
    She Wisdom is more precious than ruby's, or diamonds
    She Wisdom is a tree of life to them that l have lay hold upon her.
    She Wisdom will make you very happy

Jesus said everyone the Father has given unto, I will lose not one,

John 6:39 And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

When Jesus, who is the tree of life, gives life, he does not ever change his mind, it is for ever. No man, and that includes yourself can pluck yourself out of the Fathers hands! If Jesus had given life to Adam, he would never have taken it back!! Those who have eternal life will never die!!

Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 12:24 PM
    Lets look at this from another perspective. What was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Was there a tree that had some kind of mystic powers that could kill people? The tree of knowledge of good and evil did not have any poison in it, it was just a plain fruit tree in the garden, it was not bad.
    And your point is what? No one is debating this.

Mar 4, 2013, 12:34 PM
    And your point is what? No one is debating this.
    It is impossible for Adam to have eaten from the tree of life (which is Jesus Christ) and then die. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He (Jesus) never gives life and then takes it away. He never allows those who are his to die.

Curtis
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 12:39 PM
    It is impossible for Adam to have eaten from the tree of life (which is Jesus Christ) and then die. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He (Jesus) never gives life and then takes it away. He never allows those who are his to die.

Curtis
    Hmmmm. I've eaten from the tree of life (which is Jesus Christ) and I am going to die.

Jesus didn't take life away from Adam and Eve. They had free will and made that choice themselves.

Mar 4, 2013, 12:47 PM
    Hmmmm. I've eaten from the tree of life (which is Jesus Christ) and I am going to die.

Jesus didn't take life away from Adam and Eve. They had free will and made that choice themselves.
    That's exactly what I mean, Jesus did not take life away from Adam, because he never had eternal life! If he did he would never had died, and that was God's point in kicking them out of the garden!

So you don't believe the Bible? "He that believeth in me shall never die.." as Jesus said.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 12:51 PM
    Thats exactly what I mean, Jesus did not take life away from Adam, because he never had eternal life!

So you dont believe the Bible? "He that believeth in me shall never die.." as Jesus said.
    You are making the original question murky by bring in unrelated concepts.

Adam had eternal life until he ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Then God told him and Eve they would have to die as a result of that disobedience.

You're not figuring you will die and leave this earth?

Mar 4, 2013, 01:00 PM
    You are making the original question murky by bring in unrelated concepts.

Adam had eternal life until he ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Then God told him and Eve they would have to die as a result of that disobedience.

You're not figuring you will die and leave this earth?
    You are coming at me with logic, reasoning and tradition about the Holy Scriptures. I am coming at you in the realm of the spirit. I do not see scriptures from a physical or logical point of view. Because the natural man receives not the things of the spirit of God, neither can he know them for they are spiritually understood. Mans mind is incapable of discovering spiritual truth, it only believes what to tell it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 01:06 PM
    You are coming at me with logic, reasoning and tradition about the Holy Scriptures. I am coming at you in the realm of the spirit.
    No, you aren't. You are coming at me from the angle of someone who hasn't studied the Bible for very long, who has decided he is speaking truth, and who apparently has had no input from learned theologians.

I'm currently doing a phone survey of area ministers and priests. No one so far agrees with your take on the Garden and the trees and eternal life. I suggest you also do your own phone survey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching a horizontal pole to a tree, without hurting the tree (much) How? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put a hand rail along a steep portion of a trail in the woods, so old folks like me can get along it more safely/easier. I can lash the horizontal pole to a vertical tree, using a steel wire. In a few years the tree will grow around it, making a weak point in the tree and hurting it's...

After a large maple tree limb was removed to the tree, the area is rotting. Is it OK [ 3 Answers ]

We have a large beautiful maple tree in the center of our back yard. Several years ago the local power came through and cut one of the large limbs close to the power line clear to the tree itself. Since then in the years since, the spot has rotted and is not receding into the tree mostly because...

What's The name of this Movie? Has fariries, Magical tree and the after life [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever seen a movie that has to do with Fairies, a magical tree, death/ after life? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just going off a description from someone else. Has anyone ever seen a movie that has to do with death/the afterlife, a magical tree? and fairies all of these...

Cut Tree Down? Tree Roots destroying my walkway. [ 7 Answers ]

I have some type of birch tree in the front of my house. The roots have grown up on the lawn and crakes my walk way. The tree is beautiful but is destroying my walkway and the lawn. Can I save it or should I just cut it down. If I replant a tree, what tree can I plant that will avoid damaging my...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

View more questions Search