Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2005, 08:46 PM
    Martial Arts and Boxing
    Has anyone noticed the various levels of boxing are beginning to show signs of martial arts training or martial arts type stances? Is this because trainers are utilizing martial artists to aid there boxers? Is it because many martial artists and boxers are crossing-over? Can anyone discuss this?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jan 29, 2005, 12:25 PM
    There are probably several reasons. But one is money. Several years ago I knew a world PKA champion who turned to boxing because the pay was better.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jan 29, 2005, 03:34 PM
    I'd say many people cross-train these days. I know that I myself train a few skills, and I don't even do it professionally. Also, ultimate goal for martial artists would be the MMA fights, and the name says it all - Mixed Martial Arts.

Also, I'd say it's dumb to stick to one skill and one skill only. I say - see what other skills have to offer and take the thing that suits you best from each of it.

Kresho

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Martial arts movie [ 4 Answers ]

About 15 to 20 years ago I saw a movie which I can no longer recall the name of. The movie was about 5 or 6 guys who used to be in the same military unit together- who come together to help save a town or what not. Of the characters I can remember- one was drunk living in a salvage yard, one was a...

Did Mahamad Ali use Martial Arts tricks in Boxing? [ 3 Answers ]

I know that Mahamad Ali trained in some form of Karate. I have studied many of his matches and some of the things he did look like Karate techniques. For instance, his jab resembles and certain kind of backfist. He also employed a physiological martial arts trick too. As you move your eyes from one...

A martial arts film... [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I don't know the name of the movie... And I saw it back in the mid to early 90's... It starts with this troubled kid who finds a martial arts teacher, who teaches him martial arts. Then it goes to when he's a teen and he gets in a fight with a huge football player and beats him up. ...

Better Basketball Through Martial Arts [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone discuss some of the ways that martial arts training can improve a person's basketball?

View more questions Search