Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masterevil1990 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 04:29 AM
    Auto compatibility
    OK so I own a 1990 civic dx with the engine to a 1998 civic dx...
    My problem is that when I replaced the engine the power steering did not line up
    Thus I drive without
    What I am looking to find out is if there is a power steering pump in existence that will connect to the pressure hose to the 1990 civic system but also to the engine mounts and belt system to the 1998 civic...
    I am looking for any solution without having to pull the hose or the belt pully
    PLEASE HELP
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2013, 08:28 AM
    A 1990 Civic DX didn't have a power steering rack in it to begin with. That is an EF9. I have an EF9 Civic DX, they had manual steering. Where did you get a power steering rack to put in it?

If you go to a hydraulic hose repair shop with the old hoses for each end... they can make one for you to the length you want.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2013, 08:42 AM
    If you had a manual rack and put in a power steering rack, you will find it almost impossible to parallel park the car or maneuver in tight spaces without a pump. Could be a difficult fix. Try to find a U Pull It junkyard and start looking for parts. I needed a very particular year and model alternator mount for a street rod and found one for $5.
    masterevil1990 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 04:13 PM
    My original in fact DID have power steering.. I still have the original hose hanging out of the steering rack and I've no hydraulic shops in my area
    Even if the part isn't made for a civic if it will fit it will work.. I'm just having trouble finding the part
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Mar 2, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Find a place that sells hydraulic hoses and buy one that is just long enough to do the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside Sensor compatibility [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Lux TX9000TS programmable thermostat to replace my Carrier non programmable thermostat. The Carrier has a S and S1 terminal, which I think is for an outside sensor, which I have never seen outside my home. Can I just cap these off and not use them, and connect the new thermostat, or do...

Vista compatibility [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Diamond 1200 Plus for windows 98 or 2000. I have a windows Vista. How can I install my scanner?

Dethatcher compatibility [ 1 Answers ]

I have a john deere tractor x300... can I use any dethatcher attachment to get the job done, or do I need to buy john deere... trying to save some money thanks

Nero compatibility [ 1 Answers ]

Which nero programme is compatible to windows vista

View more questions Search