Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curtis Wilson Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2013, 08:27 PM
    When were you saved?
    According to the Holy scriptures, when were you saved?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 08:29 PM
    When Jesus died on the cross.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 09:46 AM
    Curtis,

Couldn't tell you for sure. I was little and don't remember the exact day or hour. But I do not believe I was saved until I asked him to save me. It was then my name was written in the Lambs book of Life.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I do not believe I was saved until I asked him to save me.
    Salvation is God's activity, not ours.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 10:04 AM
    As a Catholic, I believe we were forgiven for our sins when Jesus died on the cross. We renew this salvation many times through our lives through the sacraments. As we are all, by nature, sinners, Catholics renew our profession of faith regularly. As infants our parents take this responsibility by having us baptised. At our first communion when we are 7 or 8, we accept the sacrament of communion for the first time. At confirmation, we accept our Catholic faith and embrace it for ourselves, essentially taking over the responsibility for our own faith from our parents. We also renew the promises of our faith throughout our lives, as a part of every sacrament from baptism through reconciliation (confession), communion, marriage and even last rites as we die. We don't believe in being "reborn" but do believe in regularly renewing our commitment, through weekly mass and our other sacraments, particularly confession and communion. For me, it's not a one-time event but something I mature into along with other aspects of my worldview and character development.

I suppose in many other faiths, they might feel they are saved at the time they accept Jesus as their personal savior - acknowledging his sacrifice and it's relevance to their lives, which often is marked by an adult baptism.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 10:09 AM
    WG

I agree that salvation is of the LORD. Having said that I either accept it or reject it. I am not just saved because Jesus died for me. That is universalism.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 10:23 AM
    WG

I agree that salvation is of the LORD. Having said that I either accept it or reject it. I am not just saved because Jesus died for me. That is universalism.
    No, that is not universalism. Universalism is the theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved. I didn't say that. Salvation is there because Jesus did the work and died for you. You can refuse that gift of your own free will. You cannot accept it unless the Holy Spirit is working in you already.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 10:30 AM
    WG,

OK. Not trying to hassle you but I guess I have never understood exactly what you believe.

So what do you believe happens to people who the Holy spirit doesn't work in? For example your Hindu friend.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 10:32 AM
    So what do you believe happens to people who the Holy spirit doesn't work in? For example your Hindu friend.
    How do you know the Holy Spirit is not working in my Hindu friend?
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 10:53 AM
    WG

I don't. What happens if your friend should die without accepting Jesus as her savior. That is what I meant.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 11:02 AM
    WG

I don't. What happens if your friend should die without accepting Jesus as her savior. That is what i meant.
    I leave that in the Lord's hands. I will not judge.

Mar 2, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How do you know the Holy Spirit is not working in my Hindu friend?
    The Holy Spirit is working on your friends by convicting them of there sins, and of judgement. As Jesus said,

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
    Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Mar 2, 2013, 11:55 AM
    Jan 1st 1975 I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. He died for everyone 2000 years ago but we must each individually choose to accept him as our Saviour.

The fact that he died and than rise again alone didn't save me. If that was the case , why would anyone even bother accepting him , reading his word , following his teachings etc ?

Satan believes Jesus died and rose again. He knows that Jesus is coming back. He knows that God will be victorious in the last days. Satan could join a lot of various churches and even become a deacon or elder based upon those beliefs alone.

But his eternal reward is anything but heavenly.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 12:16 PM
    Mcsap,

Believing alone didn't save you? What does?

It is true that Satan believes in the death, burial and resurrection but Jesus did not die for him.

Mar 2, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Lets see what the Bible says about our salvation, and when it a cured. I know this will cause some people to think differently about how God saves.

2Ti 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
    2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Life was given unto us not in time, but in eternity. God called, and saved us before the world began! There was nothing we could do to deserve it. It was not according to anything we could ever do ourselves, it was God's mercy and grace alone! When you heard the Gospel sometime in your life and decided to accept it, and believe it that was not when you got saved, that was when you found out what God had already given you by the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ (past tense) We were given life in the beginning as the John the apostle says...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

What was the life that was in the word that was in the beginning? The Bible tells us exactly what it was, “the life was the light of men.” Men were living in the word that was in the beginning! That's was us, his Church! You don't do anything without a purpose in your life no matter how small it is. God is no different, his purpose for all things is Christ, and his Church. All things were made by him and for him!! Him who? Christ and his Church. Remember Jesus said,

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
    John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Truth alone alone can not set a man free. It's not until we know the truth that it sets us free! Living in darkness is simply not knowing what the Lord has already given unto us from the beginning! Having salvation does you no good, until you find out you have it! How did Jesus destroy death?
    By bringing life and immortality to light through the Gospel!

... our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: (2 Tim 1:10)

Man always wants to have some kind of say so in his salvation, and so from a earthly point of view he does, but from the Heavenly point of view God Choose us in him before time began. If man was left in his sinful condition he would never choose God, or even want him. If it was not for the Lord who drew us unto himself we all would be in big trouble.

The Gospel does not give life, as life was already given unto us in the beginning. The Gospel simply brings to us the life that was already given unto us in eternity!!
    Curtis
    angie21hernande Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 03:30 PM
    When we ask God for forgivness, and ask Him to come into our hearths, and we give Him permission to take over our lives.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angie21hernande View Post
    When we ask God for forgivness, and ask Him to come into our hearths, and we give Him permission to take over our lives.
    God sent His Spirit to work faith in me upon my baptism when I was three weeks old.

Mar 4, 2013, 03:48 PM
    God sent His Spirit to work faith in me upon my baptism when I was three weeks old.
    The Holy Spirit comes to us when we accept Christ in our Hearths. From my walk in the Lord, I have learned and believe that in order to be save we have to accept Christ in our Hearth. He did do all the work by loving us so much and dying on that cross for us, what we need to do is accept Him. In Christianity baptism is important, we are showing the world that God has cleanned us with His blood. It is important to know what we are doing when we are getting baptized, we need to be old enough to know what it means. When we accept Christ, the Holy Spirit, which is the presence of God, is always with us from that moment on
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angie21hernande View Post
    The Holy Spirit comes to us when we accept Christ in our Hearths. From my walk in the Lord, I have learned and believe that in order to be save we have to accept Christ in our Hearth. He did do all the work by loving us so much and dying on that cross for us, what we need to do is accept Him. In Christianity baptism is important, we are showing the world that God has cleanned us with His blood. It is important to know what we are doing when we are getting baptized, we need to be old enough to know what it means. When we accept Christ, the Holy Spirit, which is the presence of God, is always with us from that moment on
    A hearth is the front of a fireplace.

That is why infant baptism is so important. The Holy Spirit begins His work even before the child is able to discern, and the sponsors (or godparents) help guide and teach the child as he grows in grace. Later, at Confirmation, the child has the opportunity to declare his love for and faithfulness to God on his own.

Mar 4, 2013, 04:18 PM
    A hearth is the front of a fireplace.

That is why infant baptism is so important. The Holy Spirit begins His work even before the child is able to discern, and the sponsors (or godparents) help guide and teach the child as he grows in grace. Later, at Confirmation, the child has the opportunity to declare his love for and faithfulness to God on his own.
    I understand where you are coming from, like I said I respect other beliefs. I was raised Catholic, and I did all that, but it was not until I came to God that I saw the difference, and it is not a diference of religion, I don't like to say religion, because to me Christianity is a way of life, a relationship with God. As baby's we cannot make that decission our parents make it for us, we don't know what we are doing, because like you said, as children we cannot discern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was saved now not so sure [ 11 Answers ]

I know I was saved and I was close to the Lord. Lately, I feel like maybe I'm not. I do believe his is my Lord and Savior but I feel so distant from him and feel I can't get back to where I was. Once, if asked if I'd go to heaven I'd say "yes" but now I don't know for sure. Does anyone else...

Never too later to be saved [ 8 Answers ]

I need a drama script/story on this topic "never too later to be saved" please kindly assist me. God bless u all. Remember"never too later to be saved" Thanks

Can it be saved [ 4 Answers ]

After 19 years not only did he have a affair he fathered child. I love him and he wants nothing more that me to let him back into my heart. My mind keeps me wondering if we are fooling ourselves thinking it can work... Help me, has it been done, I mean done for real... I do forgive him and love him...

View more questions Search