Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ron4679 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Can this be a bedbug?

Could this be a bedbug, found some crawling on my couch. Cannot figure out what they are. please help?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
    It doesn't look like a bedbug. The head of bedbugs is usually more noticeable. The coloration is reminiscent of a carpet beetle, which seem to be becoming very active in North America in just the past week. Click this link to see if any bells ring.
    http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7436.html

Mar 1, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    It doesn't look like a bedbug. The head of bedbugs is usually more noticeable. The coloration is reminiscent of a carpet beetle, which seem to be becoming very active in North America in just the past week. Click this link to see if any bells ring.
    Carpet Beetle Management Guidelines--UC IPM
    Thank you very much, we have been spraying Raid on them and they die.

Mar 1, 2013, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Carpet Beetle Management Guidelines--UC IPM
    What's the best thing to get rid of them? And we live in Pennsylvania
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Click on the link in my last reply. It offers some very helpful advice. As far as "best," check the couch very carefully. The larvae (shown on the link) can do damage to the fabric. Vacuuming is the recommended control strategy. Definitely use the knife blade crack and crevice tool on the vacuum as much as possible. If it turns out to be serious, exterminators do have sprays for furniture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bedbug? [ 4 Answers ]

Its really tiny, I've killed like 20 already, they're about the size of the tip of a mechanical pencil and they move quickly. In order to kill it I have to use my nails sort of like lice or fleas. But only one of them was bloody when I killed it. Ive Only spotted them on my bed and only at night....

Bedbug Damage [ 1 Answers ]

A friend lived in an apartment for 14 months. The apartment was a room in someone's residence, and it was one of four rooms. There was no printed/signed lease, only a verbal agreement. Over the course of the stay, it became apparent that bedbugs had been a problem before he moved in, and...

Is landlord responsible for treating bedbug infestation [ 3 Answers ]

The enants are experiening a severe infestation of bed bugs ` Is the landlord responsible for extermination costs and also for housing the tenants if need be during extermination.

Is landlord responsible for bedbug infestation in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Is the landlord responsible for bedbug infestation in California?

View more questions Search