Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizabethepley2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2013, 12:51 PM
    I want a divorce from my spouse but his mom has custody of our daughter what should
    I live in the state of Arizona and I'm trying to file for a divorce I have been living in this state for 6 months my spouse lives in the state of Washington I want to file a divorce here but I'm getting told that I have to file for divorce there because my exs mother has custody of our 9 year old daughter and she got a foreign judgement does this mean I have to file for divorce in Washington someone please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 1, 2013, 01:11 PM
    The divorce is separate from the custody. You have established residency in AZ so file there.

Mar 1, 2013, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgem View Post
    the divorce is separate from the custody. You have established residency in az so file there.
    I went through legal aid services here they told me that I would have to file there because of my ex having custody of my daughter

Mar 1, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Mother I'm sorry
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Mar 1, 2013, 04:13 PM
    I would think that legal aid would know this.

Why don't you contact legal aid in Washington and ask them ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 1, 2013, 05:22 PM
    Are trying to fight or change the custody as part of the divorce? If yes, then you have to file where the child is. If not, you file where you live.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 05:26 PM
    Your mother-in-law has custody of your daughter. Where do the MIL & your daughter live? A court in what state awarded her custody?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary Custody to Dad1yr ago cause Mom fled abuse which violated custody order. [ 0 Answers ]

A NC Custody Consent order that I signed under DURESS FOUND Me in contempt after fleeing to PA with our child. I REPORTED Domestic Violence before fleeing NC. I also had a valid order of protection against Father. NC would not acknowledge it once I moved back into my home with my abuser/childs...

Divorce on spouse visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi if I have a 5 years spouse visa and am half way through this period if I want to divorce can I still stay in the uk I work full time and have made a settled life here

How to get a divorce without my spouse signing [ 7 Answers ]

Can I get a divorce without my spouse signing?

Spouse is holding up divorce [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend (Barry) who filed for divorce, through an attorney, in July of 2008. When he finally got a hold of his attorney to find out if his divorce was final or if there was anything else she needed from him, the attorney told him that she was waiting on his wife because she had wanted some...

Custody of daughter, mom walked out 6 months ago. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My name is anonymous. My ex left me for another man 6 months ago, leaving my daughter with me, I missed 5 days of work trying to get my daughter into daycare, and finally did. After about a month she finally started taking her on the weekends, but she has never provided her own diapers...

View more questions Search