Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie_26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2013, 06:02 AM
    How long does it take to get toned?
    I have a very flabby body, specially the lower body is extremely flabby. Im planning on going on a healthy diet (500-800 calorie diet) and going to gym 3-4 times a week. How long will it take for me to get toned?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Um... there isn't a healthy 500-800 calorie diet that has EVER existed in the history of the human race.

It WILL make you body think there is a famine and your metabolism WILL slow to a crawl... and make it difficult if not impossible to lose weight.

And its also highly unlikely you will meet the nutritional requirements either.

That was tried once before on a large scale... In the concentration camps of Auschwitz and Dachau. It didn't turn out too well there either.

Even with a proper diet with sufficient claric content... if you are truly flabby... it might take years of exercise. A lot depends on just how out of shape you really are. Something we can't determine over the internet.
    quiir Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 07:13 PM
    Agreed, there is no diet that only consists of 500-800 calories. If you are trying to lose weight you should still make sure to eat healthy, just cut down on sugar and fats. It also depends on the type of work outs you do. I suggest you try out a personal trainer and see how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Long will it take for me to get toned up and have a good body ? [ 0 Answers ]

I am about 6ft tall, and a bit chubby ? I am currently going to a gym and I am doing 10 minutes on the bike, then 2,000 meters on rowing manchine, then 10 minutes on crosstrainer. Then I do biceps curls at 20kg 15 for 3 sets then after I do annother arm weight which is 15kg 15 for 3 sets then I do...

How to get a flat, toned stomach? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to lose weight and get a flat toned stomach, but don't really know the best (and most quick!) way to do it. I'm 17 and just done my A-levels, so have all this summer before I go to uni and want to look good! I've joined a gym, but what's the best kind of exercises I should be doing,...

How to get toned wrists [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a slim looking person. Now I have started gaining weight, but my problem is that my wrists are very thin. No watch looks good in my hand. Please help me how can I get good looking wrists... what kind of exercises can I do to increase the muscles of my hands. Thanks...

I want to be toned.not toned AND fat. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been working out. I;m noticing strength and tone in my legs, and arms... But no weight loss in the midsection. Is that usually the last thing to start melting off? :eek:

I would like to be toned how could I go about this [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm 22 I'm about 5'9 and weigh about 119 which I hate, my metoblisem is high and I have looked on trhe net for ages and all it really is, is fat burning I have no fat can any one help me please

View more questions Search