Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lornathegreat Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2013, 06:35 PM
    Help me understand this Spinal MRI Please.
    Below is the written MRI report. Surgery has been done one two of the disks in back Previous spinal surgeon filled out all the paper work stating she is permantly dissable now the private long term insurance has declined stating she can perform her job.we have an appointment with a new spinal surgeon but it's not for a month and I don't understand what all of the below means... Thanks in advance...

PROCEDURE PERFORMED: MR SCAN LUMBAR SPINE WITH AND WITHOUT INTRAVENOUS
    ADMINISTRATION OF CONTRAST — 02/22/2013
    CLINICAL INDICATIONS: Back pain, leg numbness. History of spinal surgery with internal fixation.
    TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multi-pulse sequence MR scan of the lumbar spine performed.
    FINDINGS: The heights of the lumbar vertebral bodies are maintained. The STIR sequence reveals no
    Underlying bone marrow edema. Posterior internal fixation is noted at the L2-3 level with artifacts in keeping
    With transpedicular threaded screw placement. They appear to be well placed without evidence of
    Impingement upon the foramen. Lnterbody disk spacer at the L5-S1 disk space. Small subligamentous disk
    Protrusion L1-2 slightly indents the ventral thecal sac. Mild spinal stenosis appearance at the L4-5 level. No
    Evidence of arachnoiditis. Conus medullaris appears normal. Perineuronal fat is maintained in the lateral
    Foramen. There is no compression of dorsal root ganglion. There is no abnormal contrast enhancement.
    IMPRESSION:
    1. ARTIFACTS L2 AND L3 VERTEBRAL BODIES IN KEEPING WITH TRANSPEDICULAR THREADED
    SCREW PLACEMENT. NO INDICATION OF ANY IMPINGEMENT UPON THE FORAMEN.
    INTERBODY DISK SPACER AT L5-S1 DISK SPACE APPEARS TO BE MAINTAINED IN
    SATISFACTORY POSITION.
    2. GENERALIZED DEGENERATIVE CHANGES OF LUMBAR DISKS. SMALL SUBLIGAMENTOUS DISH
    PROTRUSION AT THE L1-2 LEVEL MILDLY EFFACES THE VENTRAL THECAL SAC. MILD SPINAL
    STENOSIS AT L4-5. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF ARACHNOIDITIS. NO ABNORMAL CONTRAST
    ENHANCEMENT.

Check out some similar questions!

Spinal Abcess [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to connect with someone who has had surgery for Spinal Abcess.

Spinal Injuries [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with slipped/herniated disk. I was wondering if it could be cured. Also if I could go back to practising marshal arts and normal activities?

Spinal - ITC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, Madam, I am shweta from India. I met accident before 10 years ago. Since then I could walk with help of sticks and elbow sticks. Doctors said that I'm suffering from Paraplegia.It has been affected on D12. They said my nerves hv been pressed and so there is not much possibility of my...

Spinal Injuries [ 1 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with herinated/slipped disk? To be specific, my MRI examination stated that I have 1st degree lytic spondylolisthesis of L5 over S1 with consequent L5-S1 diffuse posterior pseudo disc. Could that be cured and could I go back to normal activities and sports?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.