Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Feb 28, 2013, 03:54 PM
    How can I express what I'm feeling?
    I really like someone, and I have done since August of 2011 (so just over a year and a half). I first met him at a youth camp, which I go to every year with my youth group. I am just finishing high school and he was a friend of a friend who is at university - as it turned out they were actually house mates (and still are, they are due to graduate this summer).

I saw him a few times throughout the week that I was there, and gradually over that week my feelings for him built up into so much more than friendship, and when the week came to an end it broke my heart. Fortunately I was able to keep in contact with him via social networking and emails. We talk quite a lot, and after almost two years, I still have strong feelings for him. It feels different, and something deep inside me tells me that it's "right". But I feel it would come across as strange if I were to just tell him now, given I haven't seen him since autumn of 2011 - plus I have NO idea of how he feels about me.

I've been trying to organise a visit to their house/university but it seems my friend (who I'm organising it with because he's the one who invited me) is always busy when I am free and vice verso, and so we aren't getting very far. Its not like its easy - their university, is way too far away for me to just "pop in" or anything like that.

I have many reasons for wanting to visit, but of course, one of my main reasons is that I want to see the guy I've fallen for. Of course, my friend doesn't know this, the simple reason being that, about a year ago, I confided my feelings in one of my other close friends, who is female but also happens to be extremely close to the two guys at university. She hit the roof, she did not like the idea of my feelings for this guy at all. I'm afraid my other friend will feel the same, and see it as a reason to say no to me visiting - in fact I'm sure this will be the case. He's known for reacting badly to things like this.

In the meantime, I have been trying to get the guy on Skype so that we can actually have a face to face conversation (for me, Facebook chat isn't enough anymore) but he's so busy with his final year of university, he's often out when I'm free or gets caught up or whatever. Our conversations generally have suffered quite a lot because of his work - they've become less frequent and less in-depth.

Anyway, the long and the short of it, is that I would love to be able to see him and even express how I'm feeling in some way. Although I don't want to be too obvious as I am quite the traditionalist and personally believe that the guy should do all the asking...

I need suggestions, though, as to what I should do to deal with this situation, because I've exhausted all of my ideas, and am getting pretty down about the fact that I can't see him, can't tell him etc. I really do care about him and I want to have the chance for him to know that before it's too late.

Please help :(
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Honestly, it sounds like he doesn't quite feel the same way that you do. If he did feel that way, he would make time to talk to you. Sure, he could be busy but too busy to talk to you for a few minutes? I doubt that. You might want to consider he doesn't feel as you do and that chances are that he has found someone.

I could be wrong but that's my take on it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 04:42 PM
    You do realize he hasn't expressed any deep interest in you in all this time don't you? This is a bit to one sided to be making grand plans to confess your heart.

A couple of years of social networking has gotten you nowhere so I fail to see how a visit will help. Especially one under false pretenses and no plan. Trust me, if a guy were interested in more than Facebook buddies, you would know by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My breast have been feeling heavy and sore lately, and I'm eating more and feeling si [ 1 Answers ]

My breast have been feeling heavy and sore lately, and I'm eating more and feeling sick at times. But my tubes are tied. Is it possible that I could still be pregnant and not know it?"

Sore feeling or swollen feeling in vaginal opening, white thick substance [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 2 days my vaginal opening has felt swollen and sore, and slightly itchy. Today some kind of fluid came out of it and got my pants wet, like I had spilled water on them, and I noticed when I went to the restroom, that there was a LOT of w thick like stuff all over my vagina lips, and...

Outlook express [ 13 Answers ]

hi pals i have installed the outlook express now it asks me the incomming server and outgoing server if i want to access my yahoo or gmail mails then what is my pop server and smtp server?? :confused:

View more questions Search