Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saltycrkr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
    No insurance on private property.
    I rented a moving truck, at time of rental I purchased insurance through the rental agency.
    I was involved in an accident at a gas station in Ohio.
    I was making a right turn out of the station and I had my right turn signal on. This guy pulls up on my right side, in my blind spot. I did not see or hear him until I saw traffic from my left was clear. As I proceeded out into traffic, before I could reach the city street I had ran my front right tire into his front left fender. Police wear called and a report was filed. According to the officer and everyone I have spoke to... an accident on private property is a no fault accident. Is this true?

Upon my return to the moving outfit the guy working the desk asked me if I was involved in the accident up the road. I of coarse said yes. He informed me I had purchased insurance for my belongings only, not covering liability.

Now two months later, I have someone from the other drivers insurance company telling me if I do not come up with fifteen hundred dollars they will have my license suspended.

Inquisitivly,
    Salty
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
    You own personal insurance should cover the damage you did. You are responsible for damages you do on private property, the police just will not issue a ticket. You need to report this to your drivers insurance company asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident on Private Property [ 6 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident when I was visiting another persons house. Someone backed out of the garage and hit my car that was parked in the drive. I was on there property so they are telllin me its my fault. We didn't contact the police because I thought we were all friends and we could...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Car accident on private property [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I was involved in a car accident. It was 9 PM, dark. I was backing of my driveway and hit a car that was parked on the street in my subdivision. The police came and determine that is my fault. The officer suggested that we can just exchange insurance information and there is no need of...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

? About insurance coverage to someone's property I damage [ 1 Answers ]

I damaged some property at an office building. It was my fault. Does my homeowner's liability insurance cover that? If not, is there insurance that does cover it?

View more questions Search