Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2005, 08:32 PM
    Slip Punch?
    Does anyone know what a slip punch is? For all the guessers- It is not slipping a punch as a boxer does.
    PbZep Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 12:46 PM

Don't know if this helps.

Mar 2, 2005, 06:10 PM
    Difficult to tell without an explanation :-)
    PbZep,

The picture depicts what appears to be a person punching to the right, but where did the move start and what was the imaginary opponent doing? My guess is that he is side-stepping an attack and countering with a short-punch. Please tell me:
    1- What was the beginning situation of the attacker and defender?
    2- What was the attacking technique and target?
    3- What direction did the defender move?

OldCoach
    PbZep Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2005, 09:05 AM
    I really don't know. I just found it after Googling at this site:
    http://www.eyhkc.com/dragon.html
    It appears to be the 11th and 12th movements in their 31 movements.

It is a hapkido site. I will try to remember to ask my Master tonight. We train in Tae Kwon Do, but he has trained in many disciplines. I wonder if there is another name for the move?

Pb
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Jul 15, 2005, 11:55 PM
    Slip punch?
    Web site found in a quick web search:

http://www.karateforums.com/archive/.../view_previous

Slip punch - a short punch that travels to the side across your body (usually a short strike to the body from a sideways stance/situation as in the Neifanchi katas)

----------------------------------
    Mostly looks like technique is stop halfway through "crane stretches wings".
    From crane style kung fu, but clearly it appears to be a snake kung fu technique since the other arm is couched, from underneath even a knife hand attack would be possibly the purpose, but short range cross handed, if I was looking at the correct web pages pictures. Similar to placing hands in sand, but horizontal instead of vertical. Interesting. Karate seems to be most common title of web sites that claim this technique, from my short search. Of course kung fu and karate have a lot of cross knowledge/history & techniques.

Jul 21, 2005, 08:17 PM
    Slip Punch
    This punch or technique is also called a Bridge Punch. It can be applied against circular strikes and straight-line strikes alike. The trick is to position the body at the proper height and angle for the "Bridge" to work. The body must remain centered on the opponents centerline of movement. The elbow across from the opponent's attacking arm must be the "bridging" elbow. If the strike is high the body raises slightly to enhance the "Bridge" If the strike is lower, the body drops to enhance the "Bridge". The "bridging" elbow must point at the striking arm as your (Same-side) hand strikes the target. (Low target if it's a low strike, High Target if it's a high strike) Your striking arm is curved and the "Bridge" makes contact just below your elbow with the opponent's arm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fiction question - choking death, or lethal punch? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question for a murder mystery I'm writing. I want the bad guy (who also happens to be the victim in this story) to be surprised while he has a mouthful of cookies and he'll aspirate and choke to death, OR he'll be punched very, very hard in the chest or stomach and killed from some sort of...

Choke Chain/Slip Collar - Yes or No? [ 2 Answers ]

I know one should NEVER use a metal choke chain when training a dachshund because of their vulnerable neck bones, but what about using a slip collar? Also, what about either of these with other breeds? Are they necessary? Thanks, Becky Escondido

View more questions Search