Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TVQueenB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Are government agencies (cities) exempt from suta taxes
    Are government agencies, such as a city, exempt from paying suta taxes?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2013, 03:10 AM
    The only thing I can offer is that I worked for a state government for many years and on several occasions, the state challenged former employees rights to collect unemployment benefits. Employers normally do that when it will cost them money if the former employee starts collecting benefits, and when the employer has grounds to show that the employee left his/her job voluntarily or is otherwise ineligible. That's not a very direct answer I realize, but based on what I saw I would say that governments do pay SUTA and it may vary by state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SUTA and FUTA taxes [ 6 Answers ]

In April of the curent year, Freeman Steel Company tranferred Herb Porter from its factory in Tennessee to its plant in South Carolina. The company's SUTA tax rates based on its experience rating are 3,2% in Tennessee and 3.8% in South Carolina. Both States base the tax on the first 7,000 of each...

What government agencies has access to expunged criminal records? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I'm hoping that someone here can help me with some info that I can't seem to find elsewhere. I have been arrested three times in Illinois. I can have all three cases expunged, which I will, but one of the cases still worry me. I was arrested for solicitation of prostitution a few years...

View more questions Search