Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fistik21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Just found out I'm half Polynesian, How do I get Scholarships?
    Throughout my life I though my dad was this Native American/Black guy. My mom mentioned that she was seeing a Hawaiian/Samoan guy the same time she got pregnant with me. I took a DNA test from Ancestry.com which reveals your ethnicity.. The results I got were East Asian, Pacific Islander, Eastern European, Scandinavian, Southern European. (My moms white)

I confronted my mom about it and she showed me the picture of my REAL biological dad... I look just like him. I've looked around and I really can pass for 100% Polynesian. I've been looking for scholarships, along with my bio dad, and the requirements for APIASF is that you had to be of Asian or Pacific Islander decent according to the US Census in 1997. I know I do not meet that requirement. What can I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Are you in high school now, or college?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just found out I have a half sister. How do I find her with no name or dob [ 2 Answers ]

Found out I have a sister from my mum side. Think she was born in the 50 I don't have a name or dob. Only know she went in to care my mother was in the knebworth. I have a brother who is 53 I think so she would be older than that.

I've been dating this guy for a year and a half but I found someone else I like [ 2 Answers ]

Well me and my boyfriend have been dating a year and a half. I love him and he loves me. But sometimes we argue too much over little things. He has trust issues. But I like some other boy but I love my boyfriend. What do I do? HELP!

Half-real half animation kids movie 80s 90s [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie from my childhood, the scene I remember is a yellow school bus with kids falling off a cliff when the road cracks open. Not sure if there was a monster around or something. At some point the film turns animation, with adventures of a little boy and a girl... I don´t...

Do you have to be samoan or polynesian to get a samoan tattoo? [ 4 Answers ]

I always wanted to get a samoan tattoo but is it OK to get if your not samoan?

What things can a half afirican american half mexican do to lighten a dark complexion [ 2 Answers ]

Im am a young african american with a reddish complexion. I am also half mexican. My dark skin bothers me and I never feel comfortable because of it, are there any semi-permanent or permanent skin bleaching pills that work?

View more questions Search