Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nalston0808 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2013, 07:56 AM
    One time smoker
    Dr. Bill,

I am an african american male who smoked weed for the first and only time ever on Thanksgiving (Nov. 25th). 2 weeks later I got a hair cut and have been growing my hair back ever since. My hair drug test for Anhueser Busch is in mid April (April 15). What are my chances of passing?

Mar 4, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Hair drug tests
    All right so here's my situation. I smoked weed for the first time around Thanksgiving, cut my hair about 2.5 weeks later and have been growing my hair out since. I have a hair drug test in the middle of April. I am African American with a high metabolism. What are my chances of passing?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Hello n:

What are my chances of passing?
    I'll give you 70/30 that you'll pass.

Excon

Mar 4, 2013, 08:25 AM
    Is the 30% chance of failure from a 'just because'/'possibility' stand point?

Mar 22, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Hair Drug Test
    So here's my buddy's story.

The first time he ever smoked weed was Nov. 21 and no more after that day. He then cut his hair to a shorter length Dec 18. Now he has a hair drug test at around April 20th. He's african american with dark hair yet a very high metabolism/exercises everyday. On a scale from 0-100 how likely is it that he'll pass his hair drug test?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Did yoiur buddy shave his eyebrows and eyelashes too?

Mar 22, 2013, 09:25 AM
    No just his body hair and hair on his head. I would say that the hair on his head is about 1.5 inches now
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2013, 09:33 AM
    THere is also pubic hair...

They can go after any slow growing hair on the body(and they often do) if it appears they are cutting their hair short to get by on a hair test.

And I actually knew one person who they could never do a hair test on... because of a medical condition were they in their entire life... never had a sigle hair on their body. Not even eye lashes.

I don't remember how they handled their routine drug tests... (they were in the Military)

Mar 22, 2013, 07:10 PM
    Interesting, but let's just assume that the company will only take hair from my friend's head. Will he be good?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Metabolic rate means nothing... hair is actually dead so its basically locked into it, so once it's there... it remains there. Also consider that African-american hair is very curly and as a result... is deceptively longer than it appears... they will also go after other hair if what they would normally take is shorter than their standards are... very short hair doesn't give them the effective window of time they are looking at.. and so will go after other slower growing hair if its too short.

Mar 23, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Ok, so even with everything that you said, will he pass? I read from online that hair drug tests are less sensitive to marijuana and that hair drug tests normally just catch regular/chronic users rather than, if ever, infrequent or one time users. And I read that most tests go only back as far as your hair length is but the standard is around 90 days since after that the results have a higher chance of being a false-positive. So since my friend won't smoke anything for close to a 150 days, is it fair to say that he will pass?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2013, 11:09 AM
    He's got to wait and see... honestly because there are a lot of variables. And its futile to expect one thing when another may happen... this is really in the hands of fate and the test center...

Mar 23, 2013, 05:18 PM
    Well that wasn't very helpful. Does anyone else have any kind of guess on a scale from 0-100 on how likely my buddy will pass his hair drug test if he hasn't smoked anything for almost 150 at the day of the drug test and was only a one time user?
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2013, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nalston0808 View Post
    Well that wasn't very helpful. Does anyone else have any kinda guess on a scale from 0-100 on how likely my buddy will pass his hair drug test if he hasn't smoked anything for almost 150 at the day of the drug test and was only a one time user?
    What do you mean not helpful? Do you know anyone with a crystal ball? Because I gave you a straight answer... want someone to give you false hope and then fail?

Because any answer anyone is going to give you is going to be a wild guess that is going to do no good at all... the test is coming... and if they do it right its going to result in a fail...

Does anyone know if someone is going to screw up or do it in such a way that's going to miss something older because they are in a hurry? Nope... that's a random event.

You expect certain answers when certain answers don't exist. A guess is worth exactly what you paid for it... meaning its worthless.

I can say sure.. don't sweat it.. then test day comes and you fail... what good would that have been? See my point... better to prepare for a possibility... than to have false hope then be disappointed, because you can't do anything to change what's been done..

Mar 23, 2013, 10:31 PM
    But the way that your describing the situation it sounds super pessimistic with no hope at all which is probably not a good thing to look forward to. And also, I'm not looking for a wild guess but rather a guess based upon rationality, research, and possibly experience from past drug tests. From everything that you said, it is good information to know but you have yet to say anything about probability as it is true that every situation is different yet there can always be some kind of reasoning and rationality that one can base a solid opinion and educated guess upon. So once again, I respect your opinion but it just sounds all negative with no sense of hope. So yes, I am looking for a straight answer of a pass or fail thing, and clearly you say fail but that's why I asked for someone else's opinion to make my own opinion and rational to give to my buddy.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 11:51 PM
    You will most definitely pass! No doubt about it! You are good to go!

I mean... your "buddy" is going to pass.

You do seem awfully concerned for him... what a friend you are.

Anyway, now that I have told you what you want to hear, do you feel better?

Mar 24, 2013, 07:12 AM
    With an answer for both, it should def calm my buddy's nerves

May 12, 2013, 07:46 AM
    I passed!!

May 12, 2013, 07:47 AM
    I passed!

May 12, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Passed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Smoker on Oxygen [ 4 Answers ]

A person on oxygen only sleep with it sometimes has red eyes still smokes and mean can't breath walking will body shut down?

Smoker's odor in car [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a used car that I'm very happy with except... the previous owner was a smoker, and the smell bothers me. How can I get rid of the lingering odor?

How to convince a smoker to quit [ 3 Answers ]

How do you approach a loved on who is a smoker. I'm concerned not only for there health but also for my own. When asked why they smoke they just shrug, they're aware of the health issues, but feel if they quit because of my concerns they would be letting someone else tell them how to live their...

Smoker vs. Non-smoker can it work? [ 4 Answers ]

My b/f and I have been together for 1 year.. everything has been great. But we do have one issue I'm a smoker (cigarettes) and he is not.. about a year ago I had was living a huge party life. all I did was drink and smoke (MJ) everyday. My b/f was never a drinker/smoker.. my party days ended when I...

Offset smoker [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought an offset smoker and have never used one before. Do I put the coal or wood in the small chamber and all the meat in the large chamber?

View more questions Search