Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ililbitcrazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 10:48 PM
    Can you sue your parents for bad parenting
    I've been trying to find some information on laws that have to do with sueing parents for bad parenting and abuse. Im 28 years old now and have had to go through many years of therapy and anti depressant medications as well as several suicide attempts and drug addiction. Throughout my recovery and therapy there were many issues that I had to overcome and work through, all of which were centered around being abused physically, mentally and sexually as a child by my "stepmother". My father is and has always been an alcoholic, but is considered a functioning alcoholic. He knew about all of the abuse but ignored it. I've finally gotten my life togther (for the most part) and feel that they should have some punishment for the mental devistation they caused me. I don't want to sue them for money, I want to make a stand that you can't treat people the way I was treated and get away with it. Is there any law that would support me?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
    can you sue your parents for bad parenting - NO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents parenting... [ 3 Answers ]

Soo I love my mother but her actions are beginning to worry me.. She screams like if someone's killing her when something goes bad, And calls me curse words that not even my enemies call me.And I'm kind of getting used to it. Whenever were in public she always tries to act like a victim saying that...

How do I sue my parents for neglect , depression & bad parenting? [ 3 Answers ]

Someone please help me with my question!

Parenting independently vs with your parents [ 7 Answers ]

My child is 6 years plus and My husband keeps travelling not bothersed about what's happening. He comes once in 4-5 months as if he is on a holiday. He is least bothered so are his parents. So I left the city to my moms place in another citywhen the kid was a year because I had to go back to work....

View more questions Search