Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankmiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 09:51 PM
    Ask a archery question
    I'm thinking of getting back into bow hunting. I don't want to buy a new bow, since I already have one that will work just fine for me. The problem is it hasn't been shot in at least 15 years. Lol Does the string weaken over time, will it have to be replaced with a new string and what other things will need to been done?

Thanks for your time
    Allen Miller
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 26, 2013, 04:19 AM
    Of course the string will have to be replaced, but the main problem may be the bow itself, where it was stored, what kind of wood it is made of and if that wood is too brittle and dried out to use safely. I would suggest, if you are really serious, buy a new bow and be on the safe side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Archery [ 1 Answers ]

What does the term overdraw mean in archery?

Olympic archery [ 0 Answers ]

Why is the score sometimes highlighted in green?

Archery -- let-off [ 0 Answers ]

I have been shooting a Bear strike for a couple of years and do not like the let off. I know you a supposed to adjust the adjustments the same but is there any other way to get more let off on my bow as I think it will be more accurate if I have let off at the end of my pull

Archery help [ 0 Answers ]

When My bow manufacture says to use arrow that weight 5 grams per pound of draw weight, Does that include the broadhead or is that just the shaft?

Search For Archery [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I live in Raleigh, by NCSU and I loved archery growing up but I have yet to find a place where you go and practice any type of archery. If anyone knows of a place between Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, and Garner please let me know~ Thanks

View more questions Search