Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoEneSimpson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Failed EtG
    My son is a tattoo artist. On the days he goes directly from cleaning up after doing a tattoo he has tested positive. On the days he goes from home he has tested negative. Their cut off level is at 500. He uses madacide, 70% isopropoonol, 70% isopropyl alcoholl, and avagard hand antiseptic which contains 70% ethyl alcohol. Could this be the cause of his positive results even at a 500 level. The testing site claims these products will not cause it. He has 3 months of probation left.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 08:07 PM
    To start with an ETG is not exceptionally reliable because skin contact with alcohol will triger falsepositives. The probation officer should know this. If he tests positive then he should tell the tester of his profession and request an alternate test. ETG can detect alcohol contact for 80 hours so this is clearly not going to work for him. I suspect there is more than you are being told. With repeated contact at work he should test positive 24/7/365
    LoEneSimpson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 11:25 PM
    Both his PO and the testing clinic know of his profession and they say this will not effect him because they test at a 500 level. He has asked for any other testing they want to do. Right now we feel they want to send him back to jail. He has be told the test is too complex for him to understand yet he still stands his ground that he hasn't had any alcohol. I've heard a previous officer tell him he will never amount to anything. This is how it is in Utah. Is there any recourse he can do? Any place he can get help from? He has taken all his cleaning supplies in to the testing center. No one will believe him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I did not drink for 170 hours and still failed a ETG is that possible? [ 3 Answers ]

I did not drink for 170 hours and still failed a ETG is that possible?

Has anyone failed EtG after 80 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to hear personal stories with time frame of people taking EtG alcohol tests

Has anyone failed an EtG test after 80 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone ever failed an ETG test after 80 hours? It says it can go back 80 hours 3-5 days, so let me rephrase this, has anyone failed an ETG test with more than 80 hours since there last drink?

Has anyone failed the EtG test after 80 hrs [ 2 Answers ]

I see a lot of questions about EtG but never any follow up. So, has anyone ever taken an EtG test and failed when they thought they were in the clear of the 80 hours. My last drink would be 96 hours prior to the test, but I have heard that they can detect up to 5 days??

View more questions Search