Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gloria Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2003, 12:03 AM
    Child care
    I am taking care of a child in my home for the first time. I do not know the first thing about taxes. Are there any home care providers out there who can help me out?
    jemm Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2004, 10:16 AM
    child care
    Gloria, Can you provide more info. Such as how old you are and also is this your only sorce of income? The reason I ask is because My mother in law watches my daughter while I work. She is 67 years old. Her only sorce of income is a social security check. Being that it is a small amount of income for age she does not have to reort it to the IRS. I work in a CPA firm and they advised me she did not have to file.

jemm
    Tankman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2004, 09:44 PM
    child care
    More info is needed, I do know that it is income for you that you are receiving from whoever's kid you are watching. Income is income and has to be reported. Now if the childcare is being done by a relative and there is no income, are you asking; can you claim this child. You need to give anyone who might know info on taxes and childcare more info, explain your situation more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Canadian Parents - Tory Child Care Plan [ 6 Answers ]

To all Canadian parents out there with children under 6, read this: http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=2b61ccae-24be-4c0d-b0b9-d5faae003f21&k=58998 Meaning, you have to submit some type of application, if you haven't already.

Child care [ 2 Answers ]

We have our son in a day care two days a week while my wife works. Well we always though it was a daycare. It is done by a church and we pay them about 90 dollars a month for this I have asked them for a tax id number but they have refused. They state they are not a day care. They said that...

View more questions Search